no major map web sites work w/FF

goldtech
I have not found any major map web site that works properly with FF1.5.

Yahoo maps produces a map but there's no star to show the location and the
change scale buttons do not work - actually very little works properly. I've
notified Yahoo - they apparently don't care.

Mapquest.com does not at all with FireFox.

Opera and IE  work fine...any ideas?

Re: no major map web sites work w/FF

Leonidas Jones
leegold wrote:

> I have not found any major map web site that works properly with FF1.5.
>
> Yahoo maps produces a map but there's no star to show the location and the
> change scale buttons do not work - actually very little works properly. I've
> notified Yahoo - they apparently don't care.
>
> Mapquest.com does not at all with FireFox.
>
> Opera and IE  work fine...any ideas?

They all work fine from here.

Make sure you are set for all images, and that for originating web sites
only is not checked.

Lee

Re: no major map web sites work w/FF

Christopher Jahn
"leegold" <[hidden email]> wrote in
news:[hidden email]:

> I have not found any major map web site that works properly
> with FF1.5.
>
> Yahoo maps produces a map but there's no star to show the
> location and the change scale buttons do not work - actually
> very little works properly. I've notified Yahoo - they
> apparently don't care.
>
> Mapquest.com does not at all with FireFox.

I use Mapquest on a daily basis with FF.  Sounds like a problem
on your end: make sure you're not blocking images, then clear the
cache and try again.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

As soon as you pull out the pin, Mister Hand Grenade stops being
your friend.

Re: no major map web sites work w/FF

rili-2
Make sure that you are not using add blocking extensions, or you have
them turned off for the particular sites you want to work properly.

leegold wrote:

> I have not found any major map web site that works properly with FF1.5.
>
> Yahoo maps produces a map but there's no star to show the location and the
> change scale buttons do not work - actually very little works properly. I've
> notified Yahoo - they apparently don't care.
>
> Mapquest.com does not at all with FireFox.
>
> Opera and IE  work fine...any ideas?

Re: no major map web sites work w/FF

JustBoo
On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:11:17 -0500, "leegold" <[hidden email]>
wrote:
>I have not found any major map web site that works properly with FF1.5.

Could it be you need Java and/or JavaScript enabled as well. I find
most of these things are Java applets. Good Luck.

Google Earth is amazing....

Re: no major map web sites work w/FF

Shankar Unni
Well, the new Yahoo Maps beta does have a problem with doing
File/Print... of the page from FF (and it's still broken in FF 1.5 - in
fact, broken even more than in FF 1.0.x - the map image never prints),
but that's acknowledged on their site. Hope they fix it soon..

But the actual app works fine in every other way, and other map sites
(Google, old Yahoo Maps, Mapquest, etc.) all work fine for me, too..

Shankar Unni wrote:

> Well, the new Yahoo Maps beta does have a problem with doing
> File/Print... of the page from FF (and it's still broken in FF 1.5 - in
> fact, broken even more than in FF 1.0.x - the map image never prints),
> but that's acknowledged on their site. Hope they fix it soon..
>
> But the actual app works fine in every other way, and other map sites
> (Google, old Yahoo Maps, Mapquest, etc.) all work fine for me, too..
>
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> leegold wrote:
>>> I have not found any major map web site that works properly with FF1.5.
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>

>> They all work fine from here.
>> [snip]

Firefox has never printed well, its one of the major weaknesses.

Lee