no Newsgroup Descriptions avaliable

Alexander Johannes
Hello,

the Server news.mozilla.org seems to miss a descent group for
administrative purposes of the Server. Therefore i will post my
bug-report/request to this group - mozilla.general.

Apparently the newsserver does not deliver any newsgroup-descriptions,
which causes my local leafnode-server to re-read the whole group-list
every time it connects to this server. Is it possible, to set up at
least an empty descriptions-file?

tia,

Alex

--
 __ __            ___  _  Visit------.......________,
|  \  \ ___  ___ | | '| | http://www.de-soc-mac.de <+> http://faq.de-soc-mac.de
|     |/ . \/ . \| |- |_/ http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/T5B9POAN6GAL
|_|_|_|\___/\___/|_|  <_> GPG-Key available: 0x6418AC9F

Re: no Newsgroup Descriptions avaliable

Jeff Grossman-2
Alexander Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>the Server news.mozilla.org seems to miss a descent group for
>administrative purposes of the Server. Therefore i will post my
>bug-report/request to this group - mozilla.general.
>
>Apparently the newsserver does not deliver any newsgroup-descriptions,
>which causes my local leafnode-server to re-read the whole group-list
>every time it connects to this server. Is it possible, to set up at
>least an empty descriptions-file?

I noticed that also.  I told Leafnode that this server does not have a
descriptions file.  I am using Leafnode 2 and use the nodesc option on
my config file.

Jeff

Re: no Newsgroup Descriptions avaliable

Chris Ilias-2
_Alexander Johannes_ spoke thusly on 04/02/2006 4:40 AM:
> the Server news.mozilla.org seems to miss a descent group for
> administrative purposes of the Server.

mozilla.dev.mozilla-org
--
Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

- Sa, 04 Feb 2006 - >>> - Jeff Grossman - schrieb:

>>Apparently the newsserver does not deliver any newsgroup-descriptions,
>>which causes my local leafnode-server to re-read the whole group-list
>>every time it connects to this server.

>I noticed that also.  I told Leafnode that this server does not have a
>descriptions file.  I am using Leafnode 2 and use the nodesc option on
>my config file.

Thanks for pointing this out. It works fine.

Alex

--
 __ __            ___  _  Visit------.......________,
|  \  \ ___  ___ | | '| | http://www.de-soc-mac.de <+> http://faq.de-soc-mac.de
|     |/ . \/ . \| |- |_/ http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/T5B9POAN6GAL
|_|_|_|\___/\___/|_|  <_> GPG-Key available: 0x6418AC9F

Re: no Newsgroup Descriptions avaliable

Jeff Grossman-2
Alexander Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

>- Sa, 04 Feb 2006 - >>> - Jeff Grossman - schrieb:
>
>>>Apparently the newsserver does not deliver any newsgroup-descriptions,
>>>which causes my local leafnode-server to re-read the whole group-list
>>>every time it connects to this server.
>
>>I noticed that also.  I told Leafnode that this server does not have a
>>descriptions file.  I am using Leafnode 2 and use the nodesc option on
>>my config file.
>
>Thanks for pointing this out. It works fine.
>
>Alex

Your welcome.