news from israel (americans for peace now)

news from israel (americans for peace now)

GérardJan
APN's daily news review from Israel
Thursday July 28, 2017

Quote of the Day #1:
"When I heard that the terrorist remained alive, it did me in. Because in the
next deal, they'll release him. Afterward, I understood that 'A.' did the right
thing."
--Shmuel Salomon, whose father, brother and sister were murdered by a
Palestinian teen in Halamish settlement. 'A.', a neighbor serving in the army,
shot and injured the attacker, stopping him, but A. did not execute him.* A. is
expected to receive an IDF hero's medal.*

Quote of the Day #2:
"Now it turns out that what happened in Jordan was not a (terror) attack, but a
dispute that boiled over into a shooting incident, in which in the end, the
(Israeli) guard shot and killed two Jordanians - and not the attacker who held
the screwdriver and tried to stab him. That is not how an incident like that is
supposed to end. The closeness of the two incidents, and the political and
public reaction, sharpen the question over who is really fit to be called a hero.”
--Yedioth military analyst Yossi Yehoshua writes why the IDF will give A. a
hero's medal.*

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman

Re: news from israel (americans for peace now)

GérardJan
On 27/07/17 17:28, GérardJan wrote:

> APN's daily news review from Israel
> Thursday July 28, 2017
>
> Quote of the Day #1:
> "When I heard that the terrorist remained alive, it did me in. Because in the
> next deal, they'll release him. Afterward, I understood that 'A.' did the right
> thing."
> --Shmuel Salomon, whose father, brother and sister were murdered by a
> Palestinian teen in Halamish settlement. 'A.', a neighbor serving in the army,
> shot and injured the attacker, stopping him, but A. did not execute him.* A. is
> expected to receive an IDF hero's medal.*
>
> Quote of the Day #2:
> "Now it turns out that what happened in Jordan was not a (terror) attack, but a
> dispute that boiled over into a shooting incident, in which in the end, the
> (Israeli) guard shot and killed two Jordanians - and not the attacker who held
> the screwdriver and tried to stab him. That is not how an incident like that is
> supposed to end. The closeness of the two incidents, and the political and
> public reaction, sharpen the question over who is really fit to be called a hero.”
> --Yedioth military analyst Yossi Yehoshua writes why the IDF will give A. a
> hero's medal.*

more specific:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4995043,00.html

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman

Re: news from israel (americans for peace now)

GérardJan
Jordanian journalist tells Yedioth reporter Smadar Perry in Amman:
“You got yourselves in deep trouble. After you killed the unarmed youth [who
allegedly stabbed or tried to stab the Israeli security guard –OH] and a man who
was friendly to Israelis [the Jordanian landlord – OH], and then turned the
guard-murderer into a hero, who will agree to do business with you?”

On 27/07/17 17:58, GérardJan wrote:

> On 27/07/17 17:28, GérardJan wrote:
>> APN's daily news review from Israel
>> Thursday July 28, 2017
>>
>> Quote of the Day #1:
>> "When I heard that the terrorist remained alive, it did me in. Because in the
>> next deal, they'll release him. Afterward, I understood that 'A.' did the
>> right thing."
>> --Shmuel Salomon, whose father, brother and sister were murdered by a
>> Palestinian teen in Halamish settlement. 'A.', a neighbor serving in the army,
>> shot and injured the attacker, stopping him, but A. did not execute him.* A.
>> is expected to receive an IDF hero's medal.*
>>
>> Quote of the Day #2:
>> "Now it turns out that what happened in Jordan was not a (terror) attack, but
>> a dispute that boiled over into a shooting incident, in which in the end, the
>> (Israeli) guard shot and killed two Jordanians - and not the attacker who held
>> the screwdriver and tried to stab him. That is not how an incident like that
>> is supposed to end. The closeness of the two incidents, and the political and
>> public reaction, sharpen the question over who is really fit to be called a
>> hero.”
>> --Yedioth military analyst Yossi Yehoshua writes why the IDF will give A. a
>> hero's medal.*
>>

> more specific:
>
> http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4995043,00.html

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman

Re: news from israel (americans for peace now)

GérardJan
Quote of the day:
"But what kind of proportionality does the military justice system convey when
it rules that smuggling lethal weapons is so many times more serious than
lethally discharging one? That is, unless the message is that in a simple
criminal case those who might be killed are Israeli Jews, while in the other
case the person who was actually killed was an Arab."
--Haaretz commentator writes that IDF's morality is on the line today in its
ruling over whether to accept appeal of conviction of Elor Azaria, who executed
an incapacitated Palestinian assailant.*
You Must Be Kidding:
Israel and Turkey declared a ceasefire after battling a two-day war on Twitter.**