network error (-2146697211)

geo

network error (-2146697211)

geo

greetings.

pulled some files that are ".rar" files, then extracted the ".exe" files,
plus a text file named "password = 1234.txt".

when attempted to run ".exe", file appeared to because small 'action'
windows flashed on screen.

last screen to show reads;

  Network error (-2146697211) encountered, install aborted.

adding "password=1234" or "1234" to end of command line does not help.

in searching inet for error number "2146697211" i got numerous hits,
nun provided a solution.

i have had problems with other ".rar" files and no results.

what is causing error, how to correct?

being that the files are pdf manuals, is there any other way extract
manual?

tia.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.

.

Re: network error (-2146697211)

Mike Easter-2
geo wrote:

> pulled some files that are ".rar" files, then extracted the ".exe" files,
> plus a text file named "password = 1234.txt".

Some .exe/s are simply self-extractors and it would be better to extract
the with something like 7zip rather than execute.

If the compressed file is encrypted and 7zip can handle it, the
decompressor will ask for the pass.

> when attempted to run ".exe", file appeared to because small 'action'
> windows flashed on screen.
>
> last screen to show reads;
>
>    Network error (-2146697211) encountered, install aborted.

Install?  That is a bad sign and a reason to not be running .exe/s that
you find in the wild.

> in searching inet for error number "2146697211" i got numerous hits,
> nun provided a solution.

Most of the hits I saw were about Final Fantasy game (specifically XIV)
launch problems.

> what is causing error, how to correct?
>
> being that the files are pdf manuals, is there any other way extract
> manual?

Some manual sources are bad places.  Those containing .exe/s particularly.

What do you need a manual for specifically?

--
Mike Easter

Re: network error (-2146697211)

Burry
On 17.02.16 23:03, geo wrote:

> greetings.
>
> pulled some files that are ".rar" files, then extracted the ".exe" files,
> plus a text file named "password = 1234.txt".
>
> when attempted to run ".exe", file appeared to because small 'action'
> windows flashed on screen.
>
> last screen to show reads;
>
>    Network error (-2146697211) encountered, install aborted.
>
> adding "password=1234" or "1234" to end of command line does not help.
>
> in searching inet for error number "2146697211" i got numerous hits,
> nun provided a solution.
>
> i have had problems with other ".rar" files and no results.
>
> what is causing error, how to correct?
>
> being that the files are pdf manuals, is there any other way extract
> manual?
>
> tia.

Try to unzip the exe file with 7ZIP, a free unzipper.

Re: network error (-2146697211)

Poutnik Fornntp
Dne 17/02/2016 v 23:03 geo napsal(a):

> greetings.
>
> pulled some files that are ".rar" files, then extracted the ".exe" files,
> plus a text file named "password = 1234.txt".
>
> when attempted to run ".exe", file appeared to because small 'action'
> windows flashed on screen.

As it looks likely like warez, everything is possible
and lauchning such EXE is potentially dangerous action.

Check it e.g at  https://www.virustotal.com/
( 128 MB limit )

--
Poutnik
ect.

Re: network error (-2146697211)

Big Al-2
On 02/17/2016 05:03 PM, geo wrote:

> greetings.
>
> pulled some files that are ".rar" files, then extracted the ".exe" files,
> plus a text file named "password = 1234.txt".
>
> when attempted to run ".exe", file appeared to because small 'action'
> windows flashed on screen.
>
> last screen to show reads;
>
>    Network error (-2146697211) encountered, install aborted.
>
> adding "password=1234" or "1234" to end of command line does not help.
>
> in searching inet for error number "2146697211" i got numerous hits,
> nun provided a solution.
>
> i have had problems with other ".rar" files and no results.
>
> what is causing error, how to correct?
>
> being that the files are pdf manuals, is there any other way extract
> manual?
>
> tia.

Anytime I get a PDF, Image, Video, etc that is not supposed to be an
EXE, and the provider makes it an exe, I consider that a malware/virus.

Re: network error (-2146697211)

mvenkatesan62

[hidden email] wrote:
> On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 3:33:46 AM UTC+5:30, geo wrote:

<nothing>

GGer strikes - almost 18 mo old message cited, no comment.

--
Mike Easter

Re: network error (-2146697211)

The Real Bev
On 08/07/2017 01:17 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
> [hidden email] wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 3:33:46 AM UTC+5:30, geo wrote:
>
> <nothing>
>
> GGer strikes - almost 18 mo old message cited, no comment.

Geo is George Leem who, according to one of his friends on facebook,
died last week.

--
Cheers, Bev
    "Some people say that when it rains it means that God is crying,

Re: network error (-2146697211)

Good Guy-2
On 07/08/2017 21:17, Mike Easter wrote:
> [hidden email] wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 3:33:46 AM UTC+5:30, geo wrote:
>
> <nothing>
>
> GGer strikes - almost 18 mo old message cited, no comment.

It was network error (-2146697211).  Can't you work it out?

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

On 07/08/2017 21:51, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 08/07/2017 01:17 PM, Mike Easter wrote:
>> [hidden email] wrote:
>>> On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 3:33:46 AM UTC+5:30, geo wrote:
>>
>> <nothing>
>>
>> GGer strikes - almost 18 mo old message cited, no comment.
>
> Geo is George Leem who, according to one of his friends on facebook,
> died last week.

So you are saying he decided to make one final post to make up the numbers?

Good Guy wrote:
> It was network error (-2146697211).  Can't you work it out?

That is not actually the point.

Here's the old conversation on GG.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mozilla.general/9xECxGFNT1Q/4CPBCrmTGQAJ

geo/George was actually looking for manuals.

--
Mike Easter

On 09/08/2017 17:44, Mike Easter wrote:
> Good Guy wrote:
>> It was network error (-2146697211).  Can't you work it out?
>
> That is not actually the point.

That is the point.  It was a network error and that is why the old posts
came through.  Don't you think so?

:-):-):-)

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer