need to generate reports by date...can this be done?

need to generate reports by date...can this be done?

raronson
Hi All,

I am running Bugzilla 4.2 and I need to generate bug tracking statistics reports by date...can this be done?

The 'New Charts' function is not very useful....

I would like to generate reports like the following...these are from our old bug database PR Tracker.

Weekly Transaction Summary

21-Mar-2012 11:47:30AM

MW4500-2.0

From:  25-Sep-2011  To:  21-Mar-2012

Week Ending

New

Closed

Assigned

Investigated

Resolved

Verified

Failed

Postponed

Modified

1/15/2012

1/29/2012

2/5/2012

3/4/2012

3/11/2012

Or...

Weekly New:Closed Transactions By Priority

21-Mar-2012 11:46:01AM

MW4500-2.0

From:  25-Sep-2011   To:  21-Mar-2012

Total

Total

New:Closed By Priority

Week Ending

New

Closed

15-Jan-2012

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

29-Jan-2012

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

05-Feb-2012

0:0

0:9

0:2

0:0

0:0

0:0

04-Mar-2012

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

11-Mar-2012

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

0:0

Thanks,
rich

Richard Aronson
Engineering Test Manager

[cid:image002.jpg@01CD0759.337594C0]

W: 510.814.7000 ext. 609
C: 510.589.4035

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: need to generate reports by date...can this be done?

Gervase Markham
On 21/03/12 18:53, Richard Aronson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running Bugzilla 4.2 and I need to generate bug tracking
> statistics reports by date...can this be done?

Not in the form you want. I suggest you hook up a statistics engine or
other reporting tool to the MySQL database.

Gerv

RE: need to generate reports by date...can this be done?

raronson
Hi Gerv,

Thank you for your help...

I am not sure what you mean by a "statistics engine"?

Can you send links of the names for the reporting tools you are talking about?

Thanks,
rich
Richard Aronson
Engineering Test Manager

W: 510.814.7000 ext. 609
C: 510.589.4035

[hidden email]

On 27/03/12 19:44, Richard Aronson wrote:
> Thank you for your help...
>
> I am not sure what you mean by a "statistics engine"?
>
> Can you send links of the names for the reporting tools you are talking about?

"Crystal Reports" used to be one; I'm not sure what people use these days.

Gerv