navindex / tabindex ? How to set tab order?

navindex / tabindex ? How to set tab order?

michael-480
<xf:input ref="code" navindex="6">
        <xf:label>Code:</xf:label>
</xf:input>
<xf:input ref="type" navindex="7">
        <xf:label>Type:</xf:label >
</xf:input>

Hi. I thought this was going to be the easy part but it doesn't work -
tabbing from Code to Type skips to another field. These two fields
follow each other in the model. I'm baffled. Any insights? Thanks very
much.

Re: navindex / tabindex ? How to set tab order?

dr.cw.ray
On Jul 5, 2:41 am, michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <xf:input ref="code" navindex="6">
>         <xf:label>Code:</xf:label>
> </xf:input>
> <xf:input ref="type" navindex="7">
>         <xf:label>Type:</xf:label >
> </xf:input>
>
> Hi. I thought this was going to be the easy part but it doesn't work -
> tabbing from Code to Type skips to another field. These two fields
> follow each other in the model. I'm baffled. Any insights? Thanks very
> much.

need more info.
I tested this on a simple scale. I added two extra elements to the
model/instance and it worked just fine.
Which FF and which Xforms versions are you using?  Is there something
more peculiar about your markup that you've overlooked, or your
instance design, bindings etc..?

Re: navindex / tabindex ? How to set tab order?

Dion Sole
michael wrote:

> <xf:input ref="code" navindex="6">
>         <xf:label>Code:</xf:label>
> </xf:input>
> <xf:input ref="type" navindex="7">
>         <xf:label>Type:</xf:label >
> </xf:input>
>
> Hi. I thought this was going to be the easy part but it doesn't work -
> tabbing from Code to Type skips to another field. These two fields
> follow each other in the model. I'm baffled. Any insights? Thanks very
> much.
Try using tabindex insead of navindex.

Re: navindex / tabindex ? How to set tab order?

Alexander Surkov
On Jul 5, 2:41 am, michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <xf:input ref="code" navindex="6">
>         <xf:label>Code:</xf:label>
> </xf:input>
> <xf:input ref="type" navindex="7">
>         <xf:label>Type:</xf:label >
> </xf:input>
>
> Hi. I thought this was going to be the easy part but it doesn't work -
> tabbing from Code to Type skips to another field. These two fields
> follow each other in the model. I'm baffled. Any insights? Thanks very
> much.

Hi, iirc @navindex is deprecated by XFroms 1.1 and iirc we never
implemented it. You should use @tabindex.

Alex.

Re: navindex / tabindex ? How to set tab order?

dr.cw.ray
On Jul 5, 4:50 pm, Alexander Surkov <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2:41 am, michael <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > <xf:input ref="code" navindex="6">
> >         <xf:label>Code:</xf:label>
> > </xf:input>
> > <xf:input ref="type" navindex="7">
> >         <xf:label>Type:</xf:label >
> > </xf:input>
>
> > Hi. I thought this was going to be the easy part but it doesn't work -
> > tabbing from Code to Type skips to another field. These two fields
> > follow each other in the model. I'm baffled. Any insights? Thanks very
> > much.
>
> Hi, iirc @navindex is deprecated by XFroms 1.1 and iirc we never
> implemented it. You should use @tabindex.
>
> Alex.

Yes. Sorry I gave bad answer. I came across this post after the fact.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Accessibility/XForms

On Jul 5, 2:08 am, "dr.cw.ray" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2:41 am, michael <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > <xf:input ref="code" navindex="6">
> >         <xf:label>Code:</xf:label>
> > </xf:input>
> > <xf:input ref="type" navindex="7">
> >         <xf:label>Type:</xf:label >
> > </xf:input>
>
> > Hi. I thought this was going to be the easy part but it doesn't work -
> > tabbing from Code to Type skips to another field. These two fields
> > follow each other in the model. I'm baffled. Any insights? Thanks very
> > much.
>
> need more info.
> I tested this on a simple scale. I added two extra elements to the
> model/instance and it worked just fine.
> Which FF and which Xforms versions are you using?  Is there something
> more peculiar about your markup that you've overlooked, or your
> instance design, bindings etc..?

Hi,

I am using Mozilla XForms extension 0.8.6ff3 on Firefox 3.0.11.

I can't think of anything peculiar I might have in my form but not
entirely sure what to look for. I think everything is pretty vanilla.

By the way, is there a difference between the Mozilla extension and
the Mozilla add-on because I see both names mentioned?

Many thanks.

On Jul 7, 10:57 pm, michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2:08 am, "dr.cw.ray" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 5, 2:41 am, michael <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > <xf:input ref="code" navindex="6">
> > >         <xf:label>Code:</xf:label>
> > > </xf:input>
> > > <xf:input ref="type" navindex="7">
> > >         <xf:label>Type:</xf:label >
> > > </xf:input>
>
> > > Hi. I thought this was going to be the easy part but it doesn't work -
> > > tabbing from Code to Type skips to another field. These two fields
> > > follow each other in the model. I'm baffled. Any insights? Thanks very
> > > much.
>
> > need more info.
> > I tested this on a simple scale. I added two extra elements to the
> > model/instance and it worked just fine.
> > Which FF and which Xforms versions are you using?  Is there something
> > more peculiar about your markup that you've overlooked, or your
> > instance design, bindings etc..?
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using Mozilla XForms extension 0.8.6ff3 on Firefox 3.0.11.
>
> I can't think of anything peculiar I might have in my form but not
> entirely sure what to look for. I think everything is pretty vanilla.
>
> By the way, is there a difference between the Mozilla extension and
> the Mozilla add-on because I see both names mentioned?
>
> Many thanks.

No difference might be applicable to Mozilla XForms as far as I know.

Re: navindex / tabindex ? How to set tab order?

dr.cw.ray
Hi michael,

you did see alexandar's message about using tabindex instead of
navindex, right?
just wanted to make sure you didn't overlook that.