mtmm Administration and Policy

JoeS-3
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 3/11/08 2:08 PM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
>> This is what happens when replying to multiple recipients after trying
>> to remove a few of the recipients in TB 2.0.0.12.
>>

> I'd like to reiterate for everyone, not to use this newsgroup to host
> images for discussions in the support newsgroups. Thanks.

This should be discussed in an open and public way.
Suggesting that comments should be restricted, or "sanitized" is counterproductive to the "Community"
The suggestion that comments should be sent to the administrator and not the group is "just not right"

Re: mtmm Administration and Policy

Moz Champion (Dan)
JoeS wrote:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 3/11/08 2:08 PM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
>>> This is what happens when replying to multiple recipients after
>>> trying to remove a few of the recipients in TB 2.0.0.12.
>>>

>> I'd like to reiterate for everyone, not to use this newsgroup to host
>> images for discussions in the support newsgroups. Thanks.
>>
> This should be discussed in an open and public way.
> Suggesting that comments should be restricted, or "sanitized" is
> counterproductive to the "Community"
> The suggestion that comments should be sent to the administrator and not
> the group is "just not right"
>

> On 11.03.2008 19:10, Chris Ilias wrote:

As far as I am concerned, Mozilla has KILLED any chance at multimedia in
Thunderbird (or SeaMonkey).

Obviously they don't want ANY multimedia in newsgroup messages. To date
they have

1) banned a user for simply posting a music file
2) chased away legitimate users for using the multimedia aspects of the
product
3) chased away new users who use the group for posting relevent image files.

In short, Mozilla doesnt want any multimedia aspects of it's products at
all.

Sense of community? Nonsense. Sense of self importance is more like it.

The people who inhabited the multimedia newsgroup were the driving force
behind html in email/news in Netscape Communicator and early versions of
Mozilla/Thunderbird and SeaMonkey. Where are they now? They had to go
simply because they didn't 'fit' into the developers 'sense of community'

In short, there won't be any further development of multimedia in
Thunderbird or SeaMonkey, because Mozilla REFUSES to let anyone try
things just for the heck of it.

Re: mtmm Administration and Policy

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
JoeS wrote:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>> On 3/11/08 2:08 PM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
>>> This is what happens when replying to multiple recipients after trying
>>> to remove a few of the recipients in TB 2.0.0.12.
>>>
>> I'd like to reiterate for everyone, not to use this newsgroup to host
>> images for discussions in the support newsgroups. Thanks.
>>
> This should be discussed in an open and public way.
> Suggesting that comments should be restricted, or "sanitized" is counterproductive to the "Community"
> The suggestion that comments should be sent to the administrator and not the group is "just not right"

what "community?" Isn't the community is dead?  The only
ones posting in that group are the ones who don't know the
story.

And why wasn't Terry R banned for posting what he did?

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: mtmm Administration and Policy

Jay Garcia
On 11.03.2008 21:53, JoeS wrote:

>> On 3/11/08 2:08 PM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
>>> This is what happens when replying to multiple recipients after trying
>>> to remove a few of the recipients in TB 2.0.0.12.
>>>

>> I'd like to reiterate for everyone, not to use this newsgroup to host
>> images for discussions in the support newsgroups. Thanks.
>>
> This should be discussed in an open and public way.
> Suggesting that comments should be restricted, or "sanitized" is counterproductive to the "Community"
> The suggestion that comments should be sent to the administrator and not the group is "just not right"

My take on that is that he doesn't want the discussion to get out of
hand IN the thread. But you know as well as I do that "discussion" WILL
take place in the thread anyways, just like it is now.

squaredancer wrote:
> hallo again, Gals 'n' Guys.... I'm back online (in my new home and with
> a NEW dsl modem).

welcome back reg

> On Topic - did I miss something here (lol)

no, you haven't missed anything.  Same old same old.  Chris
I is flexing his muscles again, and he's gotten a bunch of
people pissed off at him again, so what else is new?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> JoeS wrote:
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>> On 3/11/08 2:08 PM, _Terry R._ spoke thusly:
>>>>
>>> I'd like to reiterate for everyone, not to use this newsgroup to host
>>> images for discussions in the support newsgroups. Thanks.
>>>
>> This should be discussed in an open and public way.
>> Suggesting that comments should be restricted, or "sanitized" is counterproductive to the "Community"
>> The suggestion that comments should be sent to the administrator and not the group is "just not right"
>
> what "community?" Isn't the community is dead?  The only
> ones posting in that group are the ones who don't know the
> story.
>
> And why wasn't Terry R banned for posting what he did?

it just dawned on me on what Chris Ilias is.  He's a bully!
  He's a newsgroup bully!  He's a Mozilla Bully!

If he doesn't like the way people play in his sandbox, he
gets upset, stamps his feet, and kicks that person out of
the sandbox -- aka banning people.

If someone throws dirt in that box [goes off topic], he gets
up set and screams -- sending threating messages to the
individual and tells them to stop or else their postings
will be removed.

If someone in that box should play with the wrong truck
[posting pic in the MTMM] he throws a Temper Tantrum and
bullies them into not doing it again.

He even has his own little gang of bullies -- nir, q.

His father [Gerv] supports what his little son does.
Therefore, Gerv is also a bully.

Aren't there laws about bullying.  I think Chris needs some
serious help in controlling is bullying tactics.

Why you just can't ignore him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere, except for some strange
reason, not to the mozilla.org servers, where you may get
banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: mtmm Administration and Policy

Terry R.
The date and time was 3/12/2008 11:07 AM, and on a whim, squaredancer
pounded out on the keyboard:

> On 12.03.2008 18:38, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
> the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> hallo again, Gals 'n' Guys.... I'm back online (in my new home and with
>>> a NEW dsl modem).
>>>
>> welcome back reg
>>

>>> On Topic - did I miss something here (lol)
>>>
>> no, you haven't missed anything.  Same old same old.  Chris
>> I is flexing his muscles again, and he's gotten a bunch of
>> people pissed off at him again, so what else is new?
>>

> Hi, Grant!
>
> thought as much from reading the 200 posts I caught up on (from around
> 2000).
> I'm off to a permanent home over at secnews - let the "chumps" here do
> their job!
>
> reg

Hey Reg! Glad to see you made the "move".

--
Terry R.

Re: mtmm Administration and Policy

Leonidas Jones-2
squaredancer wrote:

> On 12.03.2008 18:38, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
> the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> hallo again, Gals 'n' Guys.... I'm back online (in my new home and
>>> with a NEW dsl modem).
>>>

>> welcome back reg
>>

>>> On Topic - did I miss something here (lol)
>>>

>> no, you haven't missed anything.  Same old same old.  Chris I is
>> flexing his muscles again, and he's gotten a bunch of people pissed
>> off at him again, so what else is new?
>>

> Hi, Grant!
>
> thought as much from reading the 200 posts I caught up on (from around
> 2000).
> I'm off to a permanent home over at secnews - let the "chumps" here do
> their job!
>
> reg

Welcome back reg!!!

Lee

Re: mtmm Administration and Policy

PhillipJones
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> JoeS wrote:

>>> This should be discussed in an open and public way.
>>> Suggesting that comments should be restricted, or "sanitized" is
>>> counterproductive to the "Community"
>>> The suggestion that comments should be sent to the administrator and
>>> not the group is "just not right"
>>
>> what "community?" Isn't the community is dead?  The only ones posting
>> in that group are the ones who don't know the story.
>>
>> And why wasn't Terry R banned for posting what he did?
>>

> it just dawned on me on what Chris Ilias is.  He's a bully!  He's a
> newsgroup bully!  He's a Mozilla Bully!
>
> If he doesn't like the way people play in his sandbox, he gets upset,
> stamps his feet, and kicks that person out of the sandbox -- aka banning
> people.
>
> If someone throws dirt in that box [goes off topic], he gets up set and
> screams -- sending threating messages to the individual and tells them
> to stop or else their postings will be removed.
>
> If someone in that box should play with the wrong truck [posting pic in
> the MTMM] he throws a Temper Tantrum and bullies them into not doing it
> again.
>
> He even has his own little gang of bullies -- nir, q.
>
> His father [Gerv] supports what his little son does. Therefore, Gerv is
> also a bully.
>
> Aren't there laws about bullying.  I think Chris needs some serious help
> in controlling is bullying tactics.
>
> Why you just can't ignore him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc

Not in a Private newsgroup there is no recourse. Them's that make the
rules can abuse their own rules at will.