mozilla email and server deletion with 2 computers

mozilla email and server deletion with 2 computers

Hi.
I have two computers: my desktop which I work at most of the time
and a laptop while on the road.  My desktop is my main machine
I would like all my email to go to.  On the laptop, I would
like to download but keep email on the server.  So far no
problem--mozilla does that.

But I want to selectively delete spam.  I could check the box
leave on server until I delete or move them from inbox.
Here is the problem.  I have message filters set up that
automatically move emails from email lists into folders.  But that
would delete them from the server.

Is there any way to delete selected messages from the inbox and
the server without deleting moved messages?  It seems mozilla
should only delete server messages if the Inbox message is deleted
or moved to trash or junk.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks
Roger

Re: mozilla email and server deletion with 2 computers

Leonidas Jones

> Hi.
> I have two computers: my desktop which I work at most of the time
> and a laptop while on the road.  My desktop is my main machine
> I would like all my email to go to.  On the laptop, I would
> like to download but keep email on the server.  So far no
> problem--mozilla does that.
>
> But I want to selectively delete spam.  I could check the box
> leave on server until I delete or move them from inbox.
> Here is the problem.  I have message filters set up that
> automatically move emails from email lists into folders.  But that
> would delete them from the server.
>
> Is there any way to delete selected messages from the inbox and
> the server without deleting moved messages?  It seems mozilla
> should only delete server messages if the Inbox message is deleted
> or moved to trash or junk.  Is there a way to do that?
>
> Thanks
> Roger

Try installing PopTray on your laptop.

www.poptray.org

You can set filters in Poptray to filter the spam, or simply manually
delete obvious spam from the server before it hits your Moz  inbox.

LEE

--
Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org

Re: mozilla email and server deletion with 2 computers

Ron Hunter
Leonidas Jones wrote:

>> Hi.
>> I have two computers: my desktop which I work at most of the time
>> and a laptop while on the road.  My desktop is my main machine
>> I would like all my email to go to.  On the laptop, I would
>> like to download but keep email on the server.  So far no
>> problem--mozilla does that.
>>
>> But I want to selectively delete spam.  I could check the box
>> leave on server until I delete or move them from inbox.
>> Here is the problem.  I have message filters set up that
>> automatically move emails from email lists into folders.  But that
>> would delete them from the server.
>>
>> Is there any way to delete selected messages from the inbox and
>> the server without deleting moved messages?  It seems mozilla
>> should only delete server messages if the Inbox message is deleted
>> or moved to trash or junk.  Is there a way to do that?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Roger
>
> Try installing PopTray on your laptop.
>
> www.poptray.org
>
> You can set filters in Poptray to filter the spam, or simply manually
> delete obvious spam from the server before it hits your Moz  inbox.
>
> LEE

An excellent program, highly recommended.  Even my wife likes it!

--
Ron Hunter  [hidden email]

Re: mozilla email and server deletion with 2 computers

Marc Wilson-2
In netscape.public.mozilla.general,  (Roger N. Clark (change username to
rnclark)) wrote in <[hidden email]>::

>Hi.
>I have two computers: my desktop which I work at most of the time
>and a laptop while on the road.  My desktop is my main machine
>I would like all my email to go to.  On the laptop, I would
>like to download but keep email on the server.  So far no
>problem--mozilla does that.
>
>But I want to selectively delete spam.  I could check the box
>leave on server until I delete or move them from inbox.
>Here is the problem.  I have message filters set up that
>automatically move emails from email lists into folders.  But that
>would delete them from the server.
>
>Is there any way to delete selected messages from the inbox and
>the server without deleting moved messages?  It seems mozilla
>should only delete server messages if the Inbox message is deleted
>or moved to trash or junk.  Is there a way to do that?

IMAP?
--
Marc

You cannot hope, to bribe or twist,
thank God! the British journalist.
But, seeing what the man will do
unbribed, there's no occasion to. (Humbert Wolfe)