mozilla cannot display SVG but Firefox can

mozilla cannot display SVG but Firefox can

Czerwosz
I installed Mozilla application and I cannot display SVG ( Mozilla 1.7.13
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 )
There is no SVG.enable switch on about.config page.The same is in my own or
demo programs that use gecko component, I cannot display SVG with native
method not Adobe plug-in.

In Frefox 1.5 and 2 it is possible. There is the SVG.enable switch on
about.config page, it is "true".

How it is possible to write a program that displays xhtml ot html with
embedde or inline SVG pictures and haow to print it. Can I use Firefox as
application, launch it and control from my program. But hou, any document
about Mozilla leads to Gecko. The Gecko is the engine of Firefox or the is
another engine.
LCz

Re: mozilla cannot display SVG but Firefox can

Eli Friedman
To display SVG, either use Gecko 1.8 or install the Adobe SVG plugin. If
you're having trouble with the plugin, you might need to copy the plugin
into the plugins directory.

Firefox uses Gecko, as does Seamonkey, the renamed Mozilla suite.  The
latest stable Gecko version is 1.8.1.

If you managed to embed Gecko, you shouldn't have too much trouble
getting it to print.  I'd direct any questions about that to
mozilla.dev.embedding.

-Eli

Czerwosz wrote:

> I installed Mozilla application and I cannot display SVG ( Mozilla 1.7.13
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 )
> There is no SVG.enable switch on about.config page.The same is in my own or
> demo programs that use gecko component, I cannot display SVG with native
> method not Adobe plug-in.
>
> In Frefox 1.5 and 2 it is possible. There is the SVG.enable switch on
> about.config page, it is "true".
>
> How it is possible to write a program that displays xhtml ot html with
> embedde or inline SVG pictures and haow to print it. Can I use Firefox as
> application, launch it and control from my program. But hou, any document
> about Mozilla leads to Gecko. The Gecko is the engine of Firefox or the is
> another engine.
> LCz

Re: mozilla cannot display SVG but Firefox can

Czerwosz

Where to get the newest Gecko

Uzytkownik "Eli Friedman" <[hidden email]> napisal w wiadomosci
news:[hidden email]...

> To display SVG, either use Gecko 1.8 or install the Adobe SVG plugin. If
> you're having trouble with the plugin, you might need to copy the plugin
> into the plugins directory.
>
> Firefox uses Gecko, as does Seamonkey, the renamed Mozilla suite.  The
> latest stable Gecko version is 1.8.1.
>
> If you managed to embed Gecko, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting
> it to print.  I'd direct any questions about that to
> mozilla.dev.embedding.
>
> -Eli
>
> Czerwosz wrote:
>> I installed Mozilla application and I cannot display SVG ( Mozilla 1.7.13
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13)
>> Gecko/20060414 )
>> There is no SVG.enable switch on about.config page.The same is in my own
>> or demo programs that use gecko component, I cannot display SVG with
>> native method not Adobe plug-in.
>>
>> In Frefox 1.5 and 2 it is possible. There is the SVG.enable switch on
>> about.config page, it is "true".
>>
>> How it is possible to write a program that displays xhtml ot html with
>> embedde or inline SVG pictures and haow to print it. Can I use Firefox as
>> application, launch it and control from my program. But hou, any document
>> about Mozilla leads to Gecko. The Gecko is the engine of Firefox or the
>> is another engine.
>> LCz

Re: mozilla cannot display SVG but Firefox can

Eli Friedman
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Roll_your_own_browser_-_An_embedding_HowTo
? I'm not sure how exactly you're embedding Gecko, or where you're
getting your binaries.  If you can't find a recent version, you can
always build your own.

If you have any more questions, I would strongly suggest
mozilla.dev.embedding.  The people who watch that newsgroup have more
experience with embedding issues, and m.d.t.svg is not really appropriate.

-Eli

Czerwosz wrote:

> Where to get the newest Gecko
>
> Uzytkownik "Eli Friedman" <[hidden email]> napisal w wiadomosci
> news:[hidden email]...
>> To display SVG, either use Gecko 1.8 or install the Adobe SVG plugin. If
>> you're having trouble with the plugin, you might need to copy the plugin
>> into the plugins directory.
>>
>> Firefox uses Gecko, as does Seamonkey, the renamed Mozilla suite.  The
>> latest stable Gecko version is 1.8.1.
>>
>> If you managed to embed Gecko, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting
>> it to print.  I'd direct any questions about that to
>> mozilla.dev.embedding.
>>
>> -Eli
>>
>> Czerwosz wrote:
>>> I installed Mozilla application and I cannot display SVG ( Mozilla 1.7.13
>>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13)
>>> Gecko/20060414 )
>>> There is no SVG.enable switch on about.config page.The same is in my own
>>> or demo programs that use gecko component, I cannot display SVG with
>>> native method not Adobe plug-in.
>>>
>>> In Frefox 1.5 and 2 it is possible. There is the SVG.enable switch on
>>> about.config page, it is "true".
>>>
>>> How it is possible to write a program that displays xhtml ot html with
>>> embedde or inline SVG pictures and haow to print it. Can I use Firefox as
>>> application, launch it and control from my program. But hou, any document
>>> about Mozilla leads to Gecko. The Gecko is the engine of Firefox or the
>>> is another engine.
>>> LCz

Re: mozilla cannot display SVG but Firefox can

Czerwosz
Eli.
Thank you very much.
I found xulrunner. I unzipped it and put my demo program into xulrunner
folder. And the program works without any changes. It display html data and
SVG nice. The SVG is inline in xhtml
The only thing is not correct:
If I print the SVG from my demo program the letters (font) are awfully
large. If the same xhtml file is opened in Firefox 2 there are small -
exactly the same as on the screen. It concerns only the text in SVG picture,
the html texts does not differ.
Anyhow, there is a large step made. Toward a big gap!
Leszek