mitm-name in netError.dtd

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru
Hi,

While going through the latest incomplete strings in Pontoon, I see
three strings in browser/chrome/overrides/netError.dtd refer to an
entity `mitm-name` via a `<span class='mitm-name'/>` element.

I haven't found any comments or further references to it, so I wonder
what this is going to be replaced with in the final string? I'd assume
MITM.

OTOH, I'm unsure if the acronym is considered to be something like
HTTP, and if not, some locales may want to use their own version.

Regards,
Julen.

Re: mitm-name in netError.dtd

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
It's not an acronym, it's the name of the software putting itself
between Firefox and websites. Technically, the issuer of the
certificate
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/8c51ad4a6b72#l1.71

Francesco

Il giorno mar 8 gen 2019 alle ore 19:11 Julen Ruiz Aizpuru
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> While going through the latest incomplete strings in Pontoon, I see
> three strings in browser/chrome/overrides/netError.dtd refer to an
> entity `mitm-name` via a `<span class='mitm-name'/>` element.
>
> I haven't found any comments or further references to it, so I wonder
> what this is going to be replaced with in the final string? I'd assume
> MITM.
>
> OTOH, I'm unsure if the acronym is considered to be something like
> HTTP, and if not, some locales may want to use their own version.
>
> Regards,
> Julen.

Re: mitm-name in netError.dtd

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru
Hau idatzi du Francesco Lodolo ([hidden email]) erabiltzaileak (2019
urt. 8, ar. (19:31)):

> It's not an acronym, it's the name of the software putting itself
> between Firefox and websites. Technically, the issuer of the
> certificate
> https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/8c51ad4a6b72#l1.71

Thanks for pointing that out, Francesco; I see it now (on a third read!).

I was definitely focusing on reading the placeholder, which created
the confusion for me — something like `cert-issuer-name` (or
`software-name`) would have make it clearer I guess.

Regards,
Julen.