meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

Steve Fink-4
I'm really not sure of the best way to gather people for smaller
meetings, but I thought it would be worthwhile to get people interested
in the evolution of tbpl together in a room to duke it out^W^W^Wdiscuss
the best path forward.

In particular, I'm looking at tbpl[1], arbpl[2], and autolog[3]. I'd
like to see if we can get everyone on the same page with respect to the
problems being solved, the architecture we want to end up with, and
perhaps some brainstorming on the missing pieces.

I recognize that I'm an outsider to all of these and that different
people/groups are already moving forward with varying plans -- which is
why I thought it would be valuable to get everyone together and I hadn't
seen any meeting announcements yet anywhere that I subscribe to.

I'll run the meeting unless someone else really wants to. I'm guessing
it'll be small enough to use the whiteboard booking procedure, though
that leaves the time up in the air. Right now, my preference is roughly
in this order:

   Thu 2pm
   Thu 3pm
   Thu 4pm
   Wed 1pm
   Fri anytime

So let me know if you'd like to come and don't like any of those. I have
the beginning of a page up at
https://wiki.mozilla.org/AllHands2011/tbplPlanning that I'll fill in
more if I get a chance.

[1] http://tbpl.mozilla.org
[2] http://arbpl.visophyte.org/ and
http://www.visophyte.org/blog/2011/03/22/arbitrarypushlog-now-more-realtimey-likes-wide-screens-humans/
[3] http://cloquewerk.livejournal.com/21937.html

Re: meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

Mark Côté
Sure, sounds good--I'm up for more discussion.  I included jgriffin,
who's done all the autolog coding to date.

I'm planning on attending the Python discussions on Thursday afternoon,
but Wed & Fri are both fine by me.

Mark

On 11-04-04 12:02 AM, Steve Fink wrote:

> I'm really not sure of the best way to gather people for smaller
> meetings, but I thought it would be worthwhile to get people
> interested in the evolution of tbpl together in a room to duke it
> out^W^W^Wdiscuss the best path forward.
>
> In particular, I'm looking at tbpl[1], arbpl[2], and autolog[3]. I'd
> like to see if we can get everyone on the same page with respect to
> the problems being solved, the architecture we want to end up with,
> and perhaps some brainstorming on the missing pieces.
>
> I recognize that I'm an outsider to all of these and that different
> people/groups are already moving forward with varying plans -- which
> is why I thought it would be valuable to get everyone together and I
> hadn't seen any meeting announcements yet anywhere that I subscribe to.
>
> I'll run the meeting unless someone else really wants to. I'm guessing
> it'll be small enough to use the whiteboard booking procedure, though
> that leaves the time up in the air. Right now, my preference is
> roughly in this order:
>
>   Thu 2pm
>   Thu 3pm
>   Thu 4pm
>   Wed 1pm
>   Fri anytime
>
> So let me know if you'd like to come and don't like any of those. I
> have the beginning of a page up at
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/AllHands2011/tbplPlanning that I'll fill in
> more if I get a chance.
>
> [1] http://tbpl.mozilla.org
> [2] http://arbpl.visophyte.org/ and
> http://www.visophyte.org/blog/2011/03/22/arbitrarypushlog-now-more-realtimey-likes-wide-screens-humans/
> [3] http://cloquewerk.livejournal.com/21937.html

Re: meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

Steve Fink-4
CC'ing dev-platform.

It looks like the intersection of times from people who've replied so
far is Friday 1pm.

On 04/04/2011 12:02 AM, Steve Fink wrote:

> I'm really not sure of the best way to gather people for smaller
> meetings, but I thought it would be worthwhile to get people
> interested in the evolution of tbpl together in a room to duke it
> out^W^W^Wdiscuss the best path forward.
>
> In particular, I'm looking at tbpl[1], arbpl[2], and autolog[3]. I'd
> like to see if we can get everyone on the same page with respect to
> the problems being solved, the architecture we want to end up with,
> and perhaps some brainstorming on the missing pieces.
>
> I recognize that I'm an outsider to all of these and that different
> people/groups are already moving forward with varying plans -- which
> is why I thought it would be valuable to get everyone together and I
> hadn't seen any meeting announcements yet anywhere that I subscribe to.
>
> I'll run the meeting unless someone else really wants to. I'm guessing
> it'll be small enough to use the whiteboard booking procedure, though
> that leaves the time up in the air. Right now, my preference is
> roughly in this order:
>
>   Thu 2pm
>   Thu 3pm
>   Thu 4pm
>   Wed 1pm
>   Fri anytime
>
> So let me know if you'd like to come and don't like any of those. I
> have the beginning of a page up at
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/AllHands2011/tbplPlanning that I'll fill in
> more if I get a chance.
>
> [1] http://tbpl.mozilla.org
> [2] http://arbpl.visophyte.org/ and
> http://www.visophyte.org/blog/2011/03/22/arbitrarypushlog-now-more-realtimey-likes-wide-screens-humans/
> [3] http://cloquewerk.livejournal.com/21937.html

Re: meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

Paul Biggar-3
(CCing to dev-platform - sfink's mail bounced)

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Steve Fink <[hidden email]> wrote:

> CC'ing dev-platform.
>
> It looks like the intersection of times from people who've replied so far is
> Friday 1pm.
>
> On 04/04/2011 12:02 AM, Steve Fink wrote:
>>
>> I'm really not sure of the best way to gather people for smaller meetings,
>> but I thought it would be worthwhile to get people interested in the
>> evolution of tbpl together in a room to duke it out^W^W^Wdiscuss the best
>> path forward.
>>
>> In particular, I'm looking at tbpl[1], arbpl[2], and autolog[3]. I'd like
>> to see if we can get everyone on the same page with respect to the problems
>> being solved, the architecture we want to end up with, and perhaps some
>> brainstorming on the missing pieces.
>>
>> I recognize that I'm an outsider to all of these and that different
>> people/groups are already moving forward with varying plans -- which is why
>> I thought it would be valuable to get everyone together and I hadn't seen
>> any meeting announcements yet anywhere that I subscribe to.
>>
>> I'll run the meeting unless someone else really wants to. I'm guessing
>> it'll be small enough to use the whiteboard booking procedure, though that
>> leaves the time up in the air. Right now, my preference is roughly in this
>> order:
>>
>>  Thu 2pm
>>  Thu 3pm
>>  Thu 4pm
>>  Wed 1pm
>>  Fri anytime
>>
>> So let me know if you'd like to come and don't like any of those. I have
>> the beginning of a page up at
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/AllHands2011/tbplPlanning that I'll fill in more if
>> I get a chance.
>>
>> [1] http://tbpl.mozilla.org
>> [2] http://arbpl.visophyte.org/ and
>> http://www.visophyte.org/blog/2011/03/22/arbitrarypushlog-now-more-realtimey-likes-wide-screens-humans/
>> [3] http://cloquewerk.livejournal.com/21937.html

Paul Biggar
Compiler Geek

Re: meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

Ehsan Akhgari
I understand that I'm late to the game, but I was planning to attend
another session at Fri 1pm.  Looking at the schedule, Fri 9-10 seems
quite empty.  Can we reschedule the meeting to that time, please?

Cheers,
Ehsan

On 11-04-06 11:12 AM, Paul Biggar wrote:

> (CCing to dev-platform - sfink's mail bounced)
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Steve Fink<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> CC'ing dev-platform.
>>
>> It looks like the intersection of times from people who've replied so far is
>> Friday 1pm.
>>
>> On 04/04/2011 12:02 AM, Steve Fink wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm really not sure of the best way to gather people for smaller meetings,
>>> but I thought it would be worthwhile to get people interested in the
>>> evolution of tbpl together in a room to duke it out^W^W^Wdiscuss the best
>>> path forward.
>>>
>>> In particular, I'm looking at tbpl[1], arbpl[2], and autolog[3]. I'd like
>>> to see if we can get everyone on the same page with respect to the problems
>>> being solved, the architecture we want to end up with, and perhaps some
>>> brainstorming on the missing pieces.
>>>
>>> I recognize that I'm an outsider to all of these and that different
>>> people/groups are already moving forward with varying plans -- which is why
>>> I thought it would be valuable to get everyone together and I hadn't seen
>>> any meeting announcements yet anywhere that I subscribe to.
>>>
>>> I'll run the meeting unless someone else really wants to. I'm guessing
>>> it'll be small enough to use the whiteboard booking procedure, though that
>>> leaves the time up in the air. Right now, my preference is roughly in this
>>> order:
>>>
>>>   Thu 2pm
>>>   Thu 3pm
>>>   Thu 4pm
>>>   Wed 1pm
>>>   Fri anytime
>>>
>>> So let me know if you'd like to come and don't like any of those. I have
>>> the beginning of a page up at
>>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/AllHands2011/tbplPlanning that I'll fill in more if
>>> I get a chance.
>>>
>>> [1] http://tbpl.mozilla.org
>>> [2] http://arbpl.visophyte.org/ and
>>> http://www.visophyte.org/blog/2011/03/22/arbitrarypushlog-now-more-realtimey-likes-wide-screens-humans/
>>> [3] http://cloquewerk.livejournal.com/21937.html

Re: meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

Bugzilla from jruderman@gmail.com
I just got another meeting scheduled on me on Friday at 1:30pm :(
Early Friday morning would still work for me.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I understand that I'm late to the game, but I was planning to attend another
> session at Fri 1pm.  Looking at the schedule, Fri 9-10 seems quite empty.
>  Can we reschedule the meeting to that time, please?
>
> Cheers,
> Ehsan
>
> On 11-04-06 11:12 AM, Paul Biggar wrote:
>>
>> (CCing to dev-platform - sfink's mail bounced)
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Steve Fink<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> CC'ing dev-platform.
>>>
>>> It looks like the intersection of times from people who've replied so far
>>> is
>>> Friday 1pm.

Re: meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

Andrew Sutherland-5
On 04/06/2011 02:53 PM, Jesse Ruderman wrote:

> I just got another meeting scheduled on me on Friday at 1:30pm :(
> Early Friday morning would still work for me.
>
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Ehsan Akhgari<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> I understand that I'm late to the game, but I was planning to attend another
>> session at Fri 1pm.  Looking at the schedule, Fri 9-10 seems quite empty.
>>   Can we reschedule the meeting to that time, please?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ehsan

I too now think Fri 9-10 would be the best slot.

Andrew

Re: meeting about tbpl & related tools during all-hands

Steve Fink-4
Hm. I was trying to schedule a meeting on the difficulty of scheduling
meetings for these work weeks, but I couldn't find a time slot...

Ok. Friday 9am it is. You bastards are gonna make me get of bed early.