manually install plugin

Enda Mannion
Hi,

I wrote a plugin and packaged it into an XPI file.  I have the
following tag on my html page used to install the plugin installer.

<object type="application/x-mypluginapp" id="plugin" width="0"
height="0" codebase="webphone.xpi"> </object>

After I navigate to my web page, it detects there is no plugin
installed and I click the button "Install Missing Plugin" A dialog box
titled
"plugin finder service" pops up.  Then on this form I have to hit
another button called "manual install" to actually install the plugin.

Hitting the manual install button then opens another browser window
where I can go and install the plugin.

Then I hit the "Install now" button.  The plugin installs successfully
and I am given the option to restart firefox.  The big problem I now
have is that there are in total 4 firefox windows open and when I hit
the "restart firefox" button, 3 browser windows re-appear when
intitially I had one.  Anyone know how to cut out the "plugin finder
service" step or even restart Firefox with less browser windows re-
opened.

Thanks,
EM

Re: manually install plugin