manual insatll: which registry keys? helper command line options?

manual insatll: which registry keys? helper command line options?

hartnegg-2
Hi,

I have managed to create firefox.msi and thunderbird.msi with WiX,
without using custom actions, so it's a true clean msi-file.

The only remaining challence is: which registry keys must be set?
When I run the installer in RegFromApp.exe, it captures no registry keys.
Probably the installer calls helper.exe to do that.
So I captured the keys from running "helper /SetAsDefaultAppGlobal",
but this list is incomplete.

What exactly does the installer do to set the registry keys?
Is there a list somewhere which keys are set?

regards,
Klaus

Re: manual install: which registry keys? helper command line options?

hartnegg-2
Sorry about the typo in the subject line.
If there is a better place to ask this, please tell me.
You have dozends of communication channels, but no list of them, it's hard to find the right place.

Re: manual install: which registry keys? helper command line options?

Kevin Brosnan-2
On Monday, October 29, 2012 7:20:03, [hidden email] wrote:
> Sorry about the typo in the subject line.
> If there is a better place to ask this, please tell me.
> You have dozends of communication channels, but no list of them, it's hard to find the right place.

Re: manual insatll: which registry keys? helper command line options?

reuben.morais (Bugzilla)
Hi Klaus,

Grepping the NSIS installer files for WriteRegStr will probably get you a long way:

https://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/search?find=%2Fbrowser%2Finstaller%2Fwindows%2Fnsis%2F&string=WriteReg

-- reuben