|make mozmill| produced many warnings : 'mOffset.value() >= mParent->Length()', file ... dist/include/mozilla/EditorDOMPoint.h,

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

|make mozmill| produced many warnings : 'mOffset.value() >= mParent->Length()', file ... dist/include/mozilla/EditorDOMPoint.h,

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
After about four months of non-build on my local PC, I finally managed
to produce a binary from the C-C tree fetched serveral days ago.

But when I ran the test |make mozmill|, I noticed MANY warnings
as follows. I only picked a couple: These two seem to be most popular.


7078, Main Thread] WARNING: 'mOffset.value() >= mParent->Length()', file
/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/objdir-tb3/dist/include/mozilla/EditorDOMPoint.h,
line 500

[7624, Main Thread] WARNING: The offset is out of bounds: '!mParent ||
mOffset.value() <= mParent->Length()', file
/NREF-COMM-CENTRAL/objdir-tb3/dist/include/mozilla/EditorDOMPoint.h,
line 373


I think one of the |>=| and |<=| is incorrect.

Is mOffset.value() == mParent->Length() a valid condition?
If so, it seems one of the two checks above will trigger the warning for
a valid condition.

In any case, four months or so ago, I did not see these warnings.
Has anyone noticed the warnings, too?


I searched for "offset is out of bounds" but did not find hits in bugzilla.

TIA
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: |make mozmill| produced many warnings : 'mOffset.value() >= mParent->Length()', file ... dist/include/mozilla/EditorDOMPoint.h,

Jörg Knobloch
On 01/02/2018 05:29, ISHIKAWA,chiaki wrote:
> In any case, four months or so ago, I did not see these warnings.
> Has anyone noticed the warnings, too?

I haven't noticed them, but if these warnings are spamming the logs, you
should file a bug and NI Masayuki.

Jörg.

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: |make mozmill| produced many warnings : 'mOffset.value() >= mParent->Length()', file ... dist/include/mozilla/EditorDOMPoint.h,

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
In reply to this post by ISHIKAWA,chiaki
On 2018年02月01日 17:08, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> On 01/02/2018 05:29, ISHIKAWA,chiaki wrote:
>> In any case, four months or so ago, I did not see these warnings.
>> Has anyone noticed the warnings, too?
>
> I haven't noticed them, but if these warnings are spamming the logs, you
> should file a bug and NI Masayuki.
>
> Jörg.
>

Yes, the warnings are spamming the logs (there are so many,  no ill-effects
are noticed as far as the |make mozmill| test goes. That is, the number of
errors reported by |make mozmill| is not that large (I have to recheck). So
the warnings are misplaced IMHO.

I will file a bug and NI Masayuki san!

TIA


_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: |make mozmill| produced many warnings : 'mOffset.value() >= mParent->Length()', file ... dist/include/mozilla/EditorDOMPoint.h,

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
On 2018/02/01 19:14, ishikawa wrote:

> On 2018年02月01日 17:08, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
>> On 01/02/2018 05:29, ISHIKAWA,chiaki wrote:
>>> In any case, four months or so ago, I did not see these warnings.
>>> Has anyone noticed the warnings, too?
>>
>> I haven't noticed them, but if these warnings are spamming the logs, you
>> should file a bug and NI Masayuki.
>>
>> Jörg.
>>
>
> Yes, the warnings are spamming the logs (there are so many,  no ill-effects
> are noticed as far as the |make mozmill| test goes. That is, the number of
> errors reported by |make mozmill| is not that large (I have to recheck). So
> the warnings are misplaced IMHO.
>
> I will file a bug and NI Masayuki san!
>
> TIA

I have filed
Bug 1434969 - |make mozmill| : too many messages: WARNING:
'mOffset.value() >= mParent->Length()' , file ...
/dist/include/mozilla/EditorDOMPoint.h, line 500

Interesting that there are many EditorDOM warnings near the top of the
popular warnings.

TIA



_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird