m.support.firefox anomaly

Jay Garcia
This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

Jay Garcia
On 22.03.2009 09:38, Jay Garcia wrote:

> This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
> m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
> prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
> subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?

Just happened again. This time I selected "properties" and opted to
re-index. We'll see what happens this time and if not, then will delete
the MSF file and re-subscribe.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

Ron Hunter
Jay Garcia wrote:
> This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
> m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
> prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
> subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?

Nope.  No trouble here.

--
Ron Hunter  [hidden email]

On 22.03.2009 11:08, Ron Hunter wrote:

>> This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
>> m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
>> prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
>> subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?
>>
> Nope.  No trouble here.

0.21 not working properly here. Went back to 0.19 and all is OK once again.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

Don Nickell-4
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Jay Garcia wrote:
>> This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
>> m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
>> prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
>> subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?
>>
> Nope.  No trouble here.

Nor here either...so far no problems at all.

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 22.03.2009 11:08, Ron Hunter wrote:

did you test in a new profile?

Anyways, why did you ask in the general group rather
than the TB one?

And, btw: my TB 2.0.0.21 works just fine.

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

Robert Blair-2
On 3/22/2009 6:38 AM, Jay Garcia wrote:
> This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
> m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
> prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
> subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?

I don't subscribe to m.support.firefox.  I did not see this problem with
any other newsgroup, either on news.mozilla.org or on a public news
server.

Windows XP Home Edition
Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 (20090302)

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Don't ask "Why is there road rage?"  Instead, ask
"Why NOT Road Rage?" or "Why Is There No Such
Thing as Fast Enough?"
<http://www.rossde.com/roadrage.html>

On 22.03.2009 12:55, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> Nope.  No trouble here.
>>>

>> 0.21 not working properly here. Went back to 0.19 and all is OK once
>> again.
>>

> did you test in a new profile?

Not a profile problem, same profile in .19 is behaving.

> Anyways, why did you ask in the general group rather than the TB one?

Because when this goes OT, we won't have to set followups and so on. :-D

> And, btw: my TB 2.0.0.21 works just fine.

2.0.0.19 is working just fine, no problems.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

Jay Garcia

>>> Nope.  No trouble here.
>>>

>> 0.21 not working properly here. Went back to 0.19 and all is OK once
>> again.
>>

> did you test in a new profile?
>
> Anyways, why did you ask in the general group rather than the TB one?
>
> And, btw: my TB 2.0.0.21 works just fine.

I did notiice that .21 is using a lot more memory than .19.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

JM-43
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 22.03.2009 12:55, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

m.support.firefox works fine for me after upgrade to 2.0.0.21. I don't
see any increased memory usage either. WinXP SP3.

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

Jay Garcia

>>> Nope.  No trouble here.
>>>

>> 0.21 not working properly here. Went back to 0.19 and all is OK once
>> again.
>>

> did you test in a new profile?
>
> Anyways, why did you ask in the general group rather than the TB one?
>
> And, btw: my TB 2.0.0.21 works just fine.

Got it installed again after running TuneUp Utilities, will see what
happens now, so far so good.

On 22.03.2009 14:57, Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 22.03.2009 12:55, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Mem used by TB immediately after startup: 54,800K

Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 22.03.2009 14:57, Jay Garcia wrote:

At 45meg now.  Has been up to 55 meg this session.  Might have to do
with how many message headers you are loading...

--
Ron Hunter  [hidden email]

On 22.03.2009 16:25, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> On 22.03.2009 12:55, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

Running now at 54,036 AFTER loading messages. Original memory report was
just after starting TB, not loading any messages yet.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

Ralph Fox-3
On 2009-03-23 03:38, Jay Garcia wrote:
> This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
> m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
> prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
> subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?

No such trouble here.

--
Regards
Ralph

Ralph Fox wrote:
> On 2009-03-23 03:38, Jay Garcia wrote:
>> This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
>> m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
>> prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
>> subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?
>

> No such trouble here.

No, but I still can't get this group to show the topics expanded when I
start up.

--
Ron Hunter  [hidden email]

On 23.03.2009 07:23, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> This morning, after updating to TB 2.0.0.21 I opened the
>>> m.support.firefox group that showed only 6 unread messages. I got
>>> prompted to download all 98,856 articles or just 500 as if I just
>>> subscribed. This ONLY happened in m.s.firefox .. anyone else?
>>

>> No such trouble here.
>>
> No, but I still can't get this group to show the topics expanded when I
> start up.

Hmmm, must be having a problem with .21 'eh? All is well here in my .21
after a re-install.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: m.support.firefox anomaly

clay-14
Jay Garcia wrote:

>>> Mem used by TB immediately after startup: 54,800K
>>>

>> At 45meg now.  Has been up to 55 meg this session.  Might have to do
>> with how many message headers you are loading...
>>

> Running now at 54,036 AFTER loading messages. Original memory report was
> just after starting TB, not loading any messages yet.

125 meg and holding.
Don't know what the fuss is all about. If Firefox and TB are running
(and using more memory than any other ap I have open) I don't notice any
effect (affect?) on SolidWorks or ProE or the other CAD systems I run
all day long.
Ok, Solidworks is sitting at 260 meg so second most...

Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 23.03.2009 07:23, Ron Hunter wrote:

No, this started sometime ago, back when I was using 2.0.0.18.  I
suspect it is related to using a profile that I experimented with TB3 on.

--
Ron Hunter  [hidden email]