m.s.thunderbird

caver1-5
Just checking to see if it's just me or not.
All threads in my Thunderbird newsgoup just disappeared while I was
reading a post and I have not been able to repopulate it.
TB52.8 Ubuntu 16.04

--
Caver1

Re: m.s.thunderbird

Big Al-3
On 06/11/2018 05:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:
> Just checking to see if it's just me or not.
> All threads in my Thunderbird newsgoup just disappeared while I was
> reading a post and I have not been able to repopulate it.
> TB52.8 Ubuntu 16.04

Look at settings>view>threads.   See if it's set to all.

Re: m.s.thunderbird

caver1-5
On 06/11/2018 06:00 PM, Big Al wrote:
> On 06/11/2018 05:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:
>> Just checking to see if it's just me or not.
>> All threads in my Thunderbird newsgoup just disappeared while I was
>> reading a post and I have not been able to repopulate it.
>> TB52.8 Ubuntu 16.04
>>
> Look at settings>view>threads.   See if it's set to all.

Sorry but I can't find settings>view>threads anywhere.

--
Caver1

Re: m.s.thunderbird

Big Al-3
On 06/11/2018 06:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 06/11/2018 06:00 PM, Big Al wrote:
>> On 06/11/2018 05:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:
>>> Just checking to see if it's just me or not.
>>> All threads in my Thunderbird newsgoup just disappeared while I was
>>> reading a post and I have not been able to repopulate it.
>>> TB52.8 Ubuntu 16.04
>>>
>> Look at settings>view>threads.   See if it's set to all.
>>

> Sorry but I can't find settings>view>threads anywhere.

I'm running Linux.  If you're on WIndows it's maybe options?  / preferences?

Re: m.s.thunderbird

WaltS48-9
On 6/11/18 6:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 06/11/2018 06:00 PM, Big Al wrote:
>> On 06/11/2018 05:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:
>>> Just checking to see if it's just me or not.
>>> All threads in my Thunderbird newsgoup just disappeared while I was
>>> reading a post and I have not been able to repopulate it.
>>> TB52.8 Ubuntu 16.04
>>>
>> Look at settings>view>threads.   See if it's set to all.
>>

> Sorry but I can't find settings>view>threads anywhere.

Menu button > View > Threads.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: m.s.thunderbird

caver1-5
On 06/11/2018 06:42 PM, Big Al wrote:

> On 06/11/2018 06:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:
>>>>
>>> Look at settings>view>threads.   See if it's set to all.
>>>

>> Sorry but I can't find settings>view>threads anywhere.
>>
> I'm running Linux.  If you're on WIndows it's maybe options?  /
> preferences?

No I'm in Ubuntu and I can't find a View>threads anywhere under
preferences, or under any menu item.

--
Caver1

Re: m.s.thunderbird

caver1-5
On 06/11/2018 07:10 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 6/11/18 6:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:
>>>>
>>> Look at settings>view>threads.   See if it's set to all.
>>>

>> Sorry but I can't find settings>view>threads anywhere.
>>

> Menu button > View > Threads.

Sorry no Threads under view.

--
Caver1

Re: m.s.thunderbird

WaltS48-9
On 6/11/18 8:06 PM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 06/11/2018 07:10 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Sorry but I can't find settings>view>threads anywhere.
>>>

>> Menu button > View > Threads.
>>

> Sorry no Threads under view.

It is right under Messages, which is under Sort By.

The list goes Sort By, Messages, Threads, then a separator, Headers.
Message Body As and so on. Thirteen items under View in total.

There are more if you use the Menu bar > View.

On 06/11/2018 08:35 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 6/11/18 8:06 PM, Caver1 wrote:

>>> Menu button > View > Threads.
>>>

>> Sorry no Threads under view.
>>

> It is right under Messages, which is under Sort By.
>
> The list goes Sort By, Messages, Threads, then a separator, Headers.
> Message Body As and so on. Thirteen items under View in total.
>
> There are more if you use the Menu bar > View.

Nope. Not there. But I did get two threads now in m.s.thunderbird.
Who knows?

--
Caver1

Re: m.s.thunderbird

WaltS48-9
On 6/11/18 9:46 PM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 06/11/2018 08:35 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Sorry no Threads under view.
>>>

>> It is right under Messages, which is under Sort By.
>>
>> The list goes Sort By, Messages, Threads, then a separator, Headers.
>> Message Body As and so on. Thirteen items under View in total.
>>
>> There are more if you use the Menu bar > View.
>>

> Nope. Not there. But I did get two threads now in m.s.thunderbird.
> Who knows?

Well, see Good Guy's post with images then.

If you don't see View > Threads from the Menu bar you have more problems
than just missing posts and you need to fix them.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: m.s.thunderbird

Wolf K.
On 2018-06-11 21:46, Caver1 wrote:

> On 06/11/2018 08:35 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

Sorry, s/b Menu Bar

>>> Sorry no Threads under view.
>>>

>> It is right under Messages, which is under Sort By.
>>
>> The list goes Sort By, Messages, Threads, then a separator, Headers.
>> Message Body As and so on. Thirteen items under View in total.
>>
>> There are more if you use the Menu bar > View.
>>

> Nope. Not there. But I did get two threads now in m.s.thunderbird.
> Who knows?

Thunderbird 52.8.0 on Windows 8.1:

Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc

Menu Bar - Tools has Sort by  - Threaded, Unthreaded.

Menu Bar - Message has Ignore Thread, Ignore Subthread, Watch Thread

Right click on message Header in header pane has Ignore Thread, etc

HTH

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

Re: m.s.thunderbird

caver1-5
On 06/12/2018 08:55 AM, Wolf K wrote:

> On 2018-06-11 21:46, Caver1 wrote:

> Sorry, s/b Menu Bar

>>> It is right under Messages, which is under Sort By.
>>>
>>> The list goes Sort By, Messages, Threads, then a separator, Headers.
>>> Message Body As and so on. Thirteen items under View in total.
>>>
>>> There are more if you use the Menu bar > View.
>>>

>> Nope. Not there. But I did get two threads now in m.s.thunderbird.
>> Who knows?
>
> Thunderbird 52.8.0 on Windows 8.1:
>
> Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc
>
> Menu Bar - Tools has Sort by  - Threaded, Unthreaded.
>
> Menu Bar - Message has Ignore Thread, Ignore Subthread, Watch Thread
>
> Right click on message Header in header pane has Ignore Thread, etc
>
> HTH

I have all except Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc
Why all threads disappeared then wouldn't repopulate is a mystery.
I am now once again receiving threads in m.s.thunderbird just none of
the previous ones.
also this did not happen in any of the other newsgroups that I subscribe to.
Thanks to all.

--
Caver1

Re: m.s.thunderbird

WaltS48-9
On 6/12/18 11:15 AM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 06/12/2018 08:55 AM, Wolf K wrote:

>> Sorry, s/b Menu Bar

>>> Nope. Not there. But I did get two threads now in m.s.thunderbird.
>>> Who knows?
>>
>> Thunderbird 52.8.0 on Windows 8.1:
>>
>> Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc
>>
>> Menu Bar - Tools has Sort by  - Threaded, Unthreaded.
>>
>> Menu Bar - Message has Ignore Thread, Ignore Subthread, Watch Thread
>>
>> Right click on message Header in header pane has Ignore Thread, etc
>>
>> HTH
>>

> I have all except Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc
> Why all threads disappeared then wouldn't repopulate is a mystery.
> I am now once again receiving threads in m.s.thunderbird just none of
> the previous ones.
> also this did not happen in any of the other newsgroups that I subscribe
> to.
> Thanks to all.

You are welcome.

You should try safe mode or a new profile because you are obviously
missing menu items.

On 06/12/2018 11:19 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 6/12/18 11:15 AM, Caver1 wrote:

>>> Sorry, s/b Menu Bar

>>> Thunderbird 52.8.0 on Windows 8.1:
>>>
>>> Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc
>>>
>>> Menu Bar - Tools has Sort by  - Threaded, Unthreaded.
>>>
>>> Menu Bar - Message has Ignore Thread, Ignore Subthread, Watch Thread
>>>
>>> Right click on message Header in header pane has Ignore Thread, etc
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>

>> I have all except Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc
>> Why all threads disappeared then wouldn't repopulate is a mystery.
>> I am now once again receiving threads in m.s.thunderbird just none of
>> the previous ones.
>> also this did not happen in any of the other newsgroups that I
>> subscribe to.
>> Thanks to all.
>>

> You are welcome.
>
> You should try safe mode or a new profile because you are obviously
> missing menu items.

True but that doesn't explain why all threads disappeared and couldn't
get anymore for a couple of days.

--
Caver1

Re: m.s.thunderbird

WaltS48-9
On 6/12/18 12:51 PM, Caver1 wrote:

> On 06/12/2018 11:19 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> I have all except Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc
>>> Why all threads disappeared then wouldn't repopulate is a mystery.
>>> I am now once again receiving threads in m.s.thunderbird just none of
>>> the previous ones.
>>> also this did not happen in any of the other newsgroups that I
>>> subscribe to.
>>> Thanks to all.
>>>

>> You are welcome.
>>
>> You should try safe mode or a new profile because you are obviously
>> missing menu items.
>>

> True but that doesn't explain why all threads disappeared and couldn't
> get anymore for a couple of days.

Corrupt profile, extension problem, or you have View > Threads set to
"Threads with Unread".

All of my newsgroups don't have any posts in the Thread Pane, unless
there is a "Thread with Unread" messages, or a new original post.

YMMV

On 06/12/2018 12:58 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 6/12/18 12:51 PM, Caver1 wrote:

>>> You are welcome.
>>>
>>> You should try safe mode or a new profile because you are obviously
>>> missing menu items.
>>>

>> True but that doesn't explain why all threads disappeared and couldn't
>> get anymore for a couple of days.
>>

> Corrupt profile, extension problem, or you have View > Threads set to
> "Threads with Unread".
>
> All of my newsgroups don't have any posts in the Thread Pane, unless
> there is a "Thread with Unread" messages, or a new original post.
>
> YMMV

Not trying to be contrary, just picking minds.
If View>Threads was set to Threads with Unread Then why are the new
Threads remaining now that none of them have any that are unread?
I do think it was some data lost instead of a View threads setting, as
none of the original threads that were there have come back.
I have been very wrong before.
Thanks again.

--
Caver1