<CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

<CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

William L. Hartzell
Sir:

As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX> object
id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in Warpcenter.  The
program is supposed to set one of two values that Warpcenter reads and
picks the corresponding icon: one for no mail available, and one for got
mail.

I am using Peter's recent build of SeaMonkey and the icon seems to be
stuck upon the got mail icon.  Any know if the code is working in
SeaMonkey as it should?
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

Peter Weilbacher
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 05:52:49 UTC, "William L. Hartzell" wrote:

> As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX> object
> id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in Warpcenter.  The
> program is supposed to set one of two values that Warpcenter reads and
> picks the corresponding icon: one for no mail available, and one for got
> mail.
>
> I am using Peter's recent build of SeaMonkey and the icon seems to be
> stuck upon the got mail icon.  Any know if the code is working in
> SeaMonkey as it should?

I just hear "icons" and so my guess is that this is related to the new
logo in SeaMonkey, but I don't know what to look for. What did the icons
look like before? Can you find them in an old installation directory?
--
Cheers, Peter.
                                               Please reply in newsgroup
    Unofficial Mozilla builds: http://weilbacher.org/Mozilla/builds.html
    Steve's Warpzilla Tips: http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

Steve Wendt
Peter Weilbacher wrote:

>> As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX> object
>> id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in Warpcenter.  The
>> program is supposed to set one of two values that Warpcenter reads and
>> picks the corresponding icon: one for no mail available, and one for got
>
> I just hear "icons" and so my guess is that this is related to the new
> logo in SeaMonkey, but I don't know what to look for. What did the icons
> look like before? Can you find them in an old installation directory?

I don't think that's how it works - look for CCINBOX on my Warpzilla
page and see what it says there:
http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

I don't use this, so I can't comment on it beyond what it says there.
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

William L. Hartzell
In reply to this post by Peter Weilbacher
Sir:

Peter Weilbacher wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 05:52:49 UTC, "William L. Hartzell" wrote:
>
>> As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX> object
>> id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in Warpcenter.  The
>> program is supposed to set one of two values that Warpcenter reads and
>> picks the corresponding icon: one for no mail available, and one for got
>> mail.
>>
>> I am using Peter's recent build of SeaMonkey and the icon seems to be
>> stuck upon the got mail icon.  Any know if the code is working in
>> SeaMonkey as it should?
>
> I just hear "icons" and so my guess is that this is related to the new
> logo in SeaMonkey, but I don't know what to look for. What did the icons
> look like before? Can you find them in an old installation directory?
The icons are added to Warpcenter's scenter.dll when we enabled
Warpcenter to show that Mozilla has mail in its inbox.  Look here under
Mail Notification <http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html>.

Steve, if you read this, the advise about max. connections is out of
date.  Look in <about.config> for max connections in a system with
virgin profile.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

Peter Weilbacher
In reply to this post by Steve Wendt
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:39:29 UTC, Steve Wendt wrote:

> Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>
> >> As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX> object
> >> id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in Warpcenter.  The
> >> program is supposed to set one of two values that Warpcenter reads and
> >> picks the corresponding icon: one for no mail available, and one for got
> >
> > I just hear "icons" and so my guess is that this is related to the new
> > logo in SeaMonkey, but I don't know what to look for. What did the icons
> > look like before? Can you find them in an old installation directory?
>
> I don't think that's how it works - look for CCINBOX on my Warpzilla
> page and see what it says there:
> http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
>
> I don't use this, so I can't comment on it beyond what it says there.

Now I understand even less how that's supposed to work. CCINBOX is
nowhere in the Mozilla source code, and there is no relevant instance of
"Mozilla Mail" either. It might be worth a try to change the name of the
program object to "SeaMonkey Mail" but still I don't see where that
could get triggered.
--
Cheers, Peter.
                                               Please reply in newsgroup
    Unofficial Mozilla builds: http://weilbacher.org/Mozilla/builds.html
    Steve's Warpzilla Tips: http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

Steve Wendt
In reply to this post by William L. Hartzell
William L. Hartzell wrote:

> Steve, if you read this, the advise about max. connections is out of
> date.  Look in <about.config> for max connections in a system with
> virgin profile.

Looks like it is set to two on an old profile that I never changed the
setting on.  Is it set to eight on a fresh profile?  I'll check...
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

Steve Wendt
>> Steve, if you read this, the advise about max. connections is out of
>> date.  Look in <about.config> for max connections in a system with
>> virgin profile.
>
> Looks like it is set to two on an old profile that I never changed the
> setting on.  Is it set to eight on a fresh profile?  I'll check...

Looks like two to me, at least on Windoze.  Is there some os2pref.js
override?
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

William L. Hartzell
Sir:

Steve Wendt wrote:
>>> Steve, if you read this, the advise about max. connections is out of
>>> date.  Look in <about.config> for max connections in a system with
>>> virgin profile.
>>
>> Looks like it is set to two on an old profile that I never changed the
>> setting on.  Is it set to eight on a fresh profile?  I'll check...
>
> Looks like two to me, at least on Windoze.  Is there some os2pref.js
> override?
Max connection is 24.  I have upped the max connection per proxy to 24
also from 2 as there is only one proxy allowed (no local servers).  max
persistent connection is 2.  That I've upped to 8.  max connection per
server is 8.  I upped that to 12.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Warpzilla Tips page - max connections

Steve Wendt
William L. Hartzell wrote:

>>>> Steve, if you read this, the advise about max. connections is out of
>>>> date.  Look in <about.config> for max connections in a system with
>>>> virgin profile.
>
> Max connection is 24.  I have upped the max connection per proxy to 24
> also from 2 as there is only one proxy allowed (no local servers).  max
> persistent connection is 2.  That I've upped to 8.  max connection per
> server is 8.  I upped that to 12.

Let's make this simple: what do you suggest the text should say instead
of what it does now?
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

Wolfi-2
In reply to this post by William L. Hartzell
William L. Hartzell wrote:
> Sir:
>
>>> As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX> object
>>> id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in Warpcenter.  The
>>> program is supposed to set one of two values that Warpcenter reads
>>> and picks the corresponding icon: one for no mail available, and one
>>> for got mail.

In my modified and once working WCenter.dll I still have the Mail Icon, but it
doesn't even respond anymore to Mike's PM MailTest application from April'02.
The red flag just won't come up anymore, when I select any mail number other
than '0'.

Any ideas what else to try?


Wolfi
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

William L. Hartzell
Sir:

Wolfi wrote:

> William L. Hartzell wrote:
>> Sir:
>>
>>>> As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX>
>>>> object id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in
>>>> Warpcenter.  The program is supposed to set one of two values
>>>> that Warpcenter reads and picks the corresponding icon: one for
>>>> no mail available, and one for got mail.
>
> In my modified and once working WCenter.dll I still have the Mail
> Icon, but it doesn't even respond anymore to Mike's PM MailTest
> application from April'02. The red flag just won't come up anymore,
> when I select any mail number other than '0'.
>
> Any ideas what else to try?
>
>
Mine still responds.  Maybe you need to replace the scenter.dll with a
working version?

--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

Wolfi-2
William L. Hartzell wrote:

> Sir:
>
> Wolfi wrote:
>> William L. Hartzell wrote:
>>> Sir:
>>>
>>>>> As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX>
>>>>> object id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in
>>>>> Warpcenter.  The program is supposed to set one of two values
>>>>> that Warpcenter reads and picks the corresponding icon: one for
>>>>> no mail available, and one for got mail.
>>
>> In my modified and once working WCenter.dll I still have the Mail
>> Icon, but it doesn't even respond anymore to Mike's PM MailTest
>> application from April'02. The red flag just won't come up anymore,
>> when I select any mail number other than '0'.
>>
>> Any ideas what else to try?
>>
>>
> Mine still responds.  Maybe you need to replace the scenter.dll with a
> working version?

I already did so, using a saved copy, made right after having made the
changes to that dll and checked, that it was working.

And with the icon coming up after restarting WC, shouldn't this indicating
that the dll is still OK?

Wolfi




Wolfi
--
            K6-2+/500, OS/2 Warp4 + FP16 + Kernel 14.104a
       SeaMonkey 1.0b (de-AT) Gecko/20051223 + TBE 2.0 20051213-1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spammer's Bait: root@localhost  postmaster@localhost  admin@localhost  abuse@localhost
postmaster@[127.0.0.1]  [hidden email]
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: <CCINBOX> on SeaMonkey

Wolfi-2
In reply to this post by William L. Hartzell
William L. Hartzell wrote:

> Sir:
>
> Wolfi wrote:
>> William L. Hartzell wrote:
>>> Sir:
>>>
>>>>> As you may remember the program object that has this <CCINBOX>
>>>>> object id, is started if one clicks upon the mail icon in
>>>>> Warpcenter.  The program is supposed to set one of two values
>>>>> that Warpcenter reads and picks the corresponding icon: one for
>>>>> no mail available, and one for got mail.
>>
>> In my modified and once working WCenter.dll I still have the Mail
>> Icon, but it doesn't even respond anymore to Mike's PM MailTest
>> application from April'02. The red flag just won't come up anymore,
>> when I select any mail number other than '0'.
>>
>> Any ideas what else to try?
>>
>>
> Mine still responds.  Maybe you need to replace the scenter.dll with a
> working version?

I already did so, using a saved copy, made right after having made the
changes to that dll and checked, that it was working.

I had restarted WC, but forgot to also reset the WPS to actually force
a reload of the SC dll. Now it's here also working again.

But maybe the 22 days of WPS and 43 days of system uptime had dented
something as well.

Thanks

Wolfi
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-os2 mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-os2