[lockwise] Add-on localization for Lockwise (opt-in project)

[lockwise] Add-on localization for Lockwise (opt-in project)

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi,

Quick heads-up: there's a new project available on Pontoon, but please
make sure to read this message before requesting it for your language.
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/lockwise-add-on/

It's an experimental add-on with a very short lifespan (a few months)
and a tight deadline for the first release (end of May). This is
because the feature will be included in Firefox in future releases,
and it's unclear how much of this work we'll be able to reuse when
that happens.

We'll be adding this project only to locales that request it via
Pontoon and have all priority projects in good shape (like Firefox,
mozilla.org, Firefox Accounts). There's a lot of work happening around
those, and your contribution can have a larger and longer impact there
compared to this add-on.

Please reach out if you have any questions.

Francesco

Re: [lockwise] Add-on localization for Lockwise (opt-in project)

Fjoerfoks
Is there going to be a built-in language switcher, or only based on OS
language?

Wim

Op wo 22 mei 2019 08:27 schreef Francesco Lodolo <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Quick heads-up: there's a new project available on Pontoon, but please
> make sure to read this message before requesting it for your language.
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/lockwise-add-on/
>
> It's an experimental add-on with a very short lifespan (a few months)
> and a tight deadline for the first release (end of May). This is
> because the feature will be included in Firefox in future releases,
> and it's unclear how much of this work we'll be able to reuse when
> that happens.
>
> We'll be adding this project only to locales that request it via
> Pontoon and have all priority projects in good shape (like Firefox,
> mozilla.org, Firefox Accounts). There's a lot of work happening around
> those, and your contribution can have a larger and longer impact there
> compared to this add-on.
>
> Please reach out if you have any questions.
>
> Francesco

Re: [lockwise] Add-on localization for Lockwise (opt-in project)

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
It's based on Firefox locale (like any other add-on), there's no way
to switch locale without changing the language of the entire browser.

Francesco

Il giorno mer 22 mag 2019 alle ore 14:28 Fjoerfoks
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Is there going to be a built-in language switcher, or only based on OS language?
>
> Wim
>
> Op wo 22 mei 2019 08:27 schreef Francesco Lodolo <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Quick heads-up: there's a new project available on Pontoon, but please
>> make sure to read this message before requesting it for your language.
>> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/lockwise-add-on/
>>
>> It's an experimental add-on with a very short lifespan (a few months)
>> and a tight deadline for the first release (end of May). This is
>> because the feature will be included in Firefox in future releases,
>> and it's unclear how much of this work we'll be able to reuse when
>> that happens.
>>
>> We'll be adding this project only to locales that request it via
>> Pontoon and have all priority projects in good shape (like Firefox,
>> mozilla.org, Firefox Accounts). There's a lot of work happening around
>> those, and your contribution can have a larger and longer impact there
>> compared to this add-on.
>>
>> Please reach out if you have any questions.
>>
>> Francesco

Re: [lockwise] Add-on localization for Lockwise (opt-in project)

droidbittin

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 10:16:30 AM UTC+2, [hidden email] wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 2:58:26 PM UTC+2, Francesco Lodolo wrote:
> > It's based on Firefox locale (like any other add-on), there's no way
> > to switch locale without changing the language of the entire browser.
> >
> > Francesco
> >
> > Il giorno mer 22 mag 2019 alle ore 14:28 Fjoerfoks
> > <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> > >
> > > Is there going to be a built-in language switcher, or only based on OS language?
> > >
> > > Wim

> Applied to start helping, translating this

Will the new website for Lockwise that was launched today be translatable?

Re: [lockwise] Add-on localization for Lockwise (opt-in project)

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
No plans for that at the moment, because the website requires a lot of
work to make it localizable (it's a static file using markdown pages).