lock 'sort by' in thunderbird or any default 'sort by' perference

lock 'sort by' in thunderbird or any default 'sort by' perference

Stephen-15
If I want to sort the message as "Threaded in Descending Date", I need
to preform 3 clicks on the menu.

However, if I accidentally click on the column sort short-cut, my
sorting preference is gone, I need to set it again.

In addition, I need to repeat this preference to all accounts / folders!!!

So it is better to lock my 'sort by' preference and apply it to all
accounts / folders.

Re: lock 'sort by' in thunderbird or any default 'sort by' perference

ovidiu grigorescu
Stephen wrote:

> If I want to sort the message as "Threaded in Descending Date", I need
> to preform 3 clicks on the menu.
>
> However, if I accidentally click on the column sort short-cut, my
> sorting preference is gone, I need to set it again.
>
> In addition, I need to repeat this preference to all accounts /
> folders!!!
>
> So it is better to lock my 'sort by' preference and apply it to all
> accounts / folders.
"Column heading lock" option in Mailtweak extension
http://mailtweak.mozdev.org/
it locks it to avoid simple clicks, so that you have to shift-click to
change

other options there too + note that the extension doesn't upgrade auto
so you have to go there from time to time ..

Re: lock 'sort by' in thunderbird or any default 'sort by' perference

Miles-4
* ovidiu wrote, On 7/18/2008 01:58:

> Stephen wrote:
>> If I want to sort the message as "Threaded in Descending Date", I need
>> to preform 3 clicks on the menu.
>>
>> However, if I accidentally click on the column sort short-cut, my
>> sorting preference is gone, I need to set it again.
>>
>> In addition, I need to repeat this preference to all accounts /
>> folders!!!
>>
>> So it is better to lock my 'sort by' preference and apply it to all
>> accounts / folders.
> "Column heading lock" option in Mailtweak extension
> http://mailtweak.mozdev.org/
> it locks it to avoid simple clicks, so that you have to shift-click to
> change
>
> other options there too + note that the extension doesn't upgrade auto
> so you have to go there from time to time ..

This further demonstrates the need for TB to have a global toggle for
ascending/descending with the ability to over-ride individual folders.
(Such as I keep the few inbox folders in ascending, but all pending and
kept mail is descending.)
Miles

Re: lock 'sort by' in thunderbird or any default 'sort by' perference

Joshua Cranmer-2
Miles wrote:
> This further demonstrates the need for TB to have a global toggle for
> ascending/descending with the ability to over-ride individual folders.
> (Such as I keep the few inbox folders in ascending, but all pending and
> kept mail is descending.)

There are actually prefs to do this, but they are (unfortunately) not
accessible from UI. Look on mozillazine for more information (I don't
remember off the top of my head).