locale missing in Lightning?

Rimas Kudelis
Hi,

I received an e-mail from a user last week, saying that apparently,
Lightning is no longer localized into Lithuanian.

Can anyone explain why? I know it shows two errors in the dashboard, but
AFAIK, these are false positives, so I find it a bit strange that my
locale is lost. I'm pretty sure it's an unfortunate mistake. Can we fix it?

On the upside, now I know that there's at least one person using
Lightning in Lithuanian, and he even offered his help localizing it! :)

Rimas

Re: locale missing in Lightning?

Michael Bauer-11
Just out of sheer foolishness I hit the 'Search for updates' function
(since there hadn't been one in a while) and I seem to be having a
similar-ish problem, Lightning is now half English half Gaelic so
something is going wrong beyong Lithuanian.

Not sure if that's a problem with moving the data from Locamotion or
something with Lightning.

Michael

Sgrìobh Rimas Kudelis na leanas 17/11/2014 aig 18:58:

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
<http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

Re: locale missing in Lightning?

Peter Pin-Guang Chen
sk, zh-CN, zh-TW are also missing in 3.3.1.

Someone filed Bug 1072815 to track this issue, and it seems to be worse
now. :-/

Peter

> Just out of sheer foolishness I hit the 'Search for updates' function
> (since there hadn't been one in a while) and I seem to be having a
> similar-ish problem, Lightning is now half English half Gaelic so something
> is going wrong beyong Lithuanian.
>
> Not sure if that's a problem with moving the data from Locamotion or
> something with Lightning.
>
> Michael
>
> Sgrìobh Rimas Kudelis na leanas 17/11/2014 aig 18:58:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I received an e-mail from a user last week, saying that apparently,
>> Lightning is no longer localized into Lithuanian.
>>
>> Can anyone explain why? I know it shows two errors in the dashboard, but
>> AFAIK, these are false positives, so I find it a bit strange that my
>> locale is lost. I'm pretty sure it's an unfortunate mistake. Can we fix
>> it?
>>
>> On the upside, now I know that there's at least one person using
>> Lightning in Lithuanian, and he even offered his help localizing it!:)
>>
>> Rimas
>>

> --
> *Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
> Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
> Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
> Facs: +44-141-945 2701
>
> *Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
> Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
> geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
> <http://www.xn--igidhlig-0ya.net> <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

Peter Pin-Guang Chen (petercpg)
Chinese (Traditional) [zh-TW] Localization Project Coordinator
Mozilla Taiwan Community (MozTW) http://moztw.org

Re: locale missing in Lightning?

Rimas Kudelis
Oki, thanks Peter and Michael! I'll keep an eye on the bug.

Rimas

2014.11.18 02:48, Peter Pin-Guang Chen rašė:

> sk, zh-CN, zh-TW are also missing in 3.3.1.
>
> Someone filed Bug 1072815 to track this issue, and it seems to be worse
> now. :-/
>

> Peter

>> Just out of sheer foolishness I hit the 'Search for updates' function
>> (since there hadn't been one in a while) and I seem to be having a
>> similar-ish problem, Lightning is now half English half Gaelic so something
>> is going wrong beyong Lithuanian.
>>
>> Not sure if that's a problem with moving the data from Locamotion or
>> something with Lightning.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> Sgrìobh Rimas Kudelis na leanas 17/11/2014 aig 18:58:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I received an e-mail from a user last week, saying that apparently,
>>> Lightning is no longer localized into Lithuanian.
>>>
>>> Can anyone explain why? I know it shows two errors in the dashboard, but
>>> AFAIK, these are false positives, so I find it a bit strange that my
>>> locale is lost. I'm pretty sure it's an unfortunate mistake. Can we fix
>>> it?
>>>
>>> On the upside, now I know that there's at least one person using
>>> Lightning in Lithuanian, and he even offered his help localizing it!:)
>>>
>>> Rimas
>>>

>> --
>> *Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
>> Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
>> Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
>> Facs: +44-141-945 2701
>>
>> *Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
>> Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
>> geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
>> <http://www.xn--igidhlig-0ya.net> <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

Re: locale missing in Lightning?

Dwayne Bailey
Glad you guys traced the issue.

Just for clarity, from the Pootle side we simply commit.  Since there are
no signoff for Lightning that is where we have to leave it.

On 18 November 2014 06:14, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Oki, thanks Peter and Michael! I'll keep an eye on the bug.
>
> Rimas
>

> 2014.11.18 02:48, Peter Pin-Guang Chen rašė:
> > sk, zh-CN, zh-TW are also missing in 3.3.1.
> >
> > Someone filed Bug 1072815 to track this issue, and it seems to be worse
> > now. :-/
> >

> > Peter

> >> Just out of sheer foolishness I hit the 'Search for updates' function
> >> (since there hadn't been one in a while) and I seem to be having a
> >> similar-ish problem, Lightning is now half English half Gaelic so
> something
> >> is going wrong beyong Lithuanian.
> >>
> >> Not sure if that's a problem with moving the data from Locamotion or
> >> something with Lightning.
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>
> >> Sgrìobh Rimas Kudelis na leanas 17/11/2014 aig 18:58:

> but

> >> --
> >> *Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
> >> Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
> >> Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
> >> Facs: +44-141-945 2701
> >>
> >> *Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
> >> Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
> >> geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
> <http://www.xn--igidhlig-0ya.net>
> >> <http://www.xn--igidhlig-0ya.net> <http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)

Re: locale missing in Lightning?

Axel Hecht
Re sign-offs, lightning uses the same sign-offs as thunderbird does, as
it's built as part of the same automation run.

That's the actual revisions used. The list of locales is independent, as
stated in the bug.

Axel