localconfig

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

localconfig

Dan-26
can anyone tell me where is localconfig file, becausei dont see it in the
bugzilla folder, there is localconfig.js but not just localconfig. any help
please


_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: localconfig

Michael Bellomo
You need to run the script checksetup.pl in the bugzilla directory.
It'll generate the localconfig file for you.  Then you edit that file as
needed and run checksetup.pl again till it completes without errors.

    -Michael

Dan wrote:

>can anyone tell me where is localconfig file, becausei dont see it in the
>bugzilla folder, there is localconfig.js but not just localconfig. any help
>please
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>mozilla-webtools mailing list
>[hidden email]
>http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
>.
>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: localconfig

Dan-26
In reply to this post by Dan-26
yes i did run the checksetup.pl many times, but it dose not create any
localconfig file :(  i dont know why. but i tryed everything from the manual
or fourm, dose not work. i dont know why, is there any other place that it
will save the info?



"Michael Bellomo" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> You need to run the script checksetup.pl in the bugzilla directory.
> It'll generate the localconfig file for you.  Then you edit that file as
> needed and run checksetup.pl again till it completes without errors.
>
>     -Michael
>
> Dan wrote:
>
> >can anyone tell me where is localconfig file, becausei dont see it in the
> >bugzilla folder, there is localconfig.js but not just localconfig. any
help

> >please
> >
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >mozilla-webtools mailing list
> >[hidden email]
> >http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
> >.
> >
> >
> >
>


_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: localconfig

Victory-8
Dan wrote:
> yes i did run the checksetup.pl many times, but it dose not create any
> localconfig file :(  i dont know why. but i tryed everything from the manual
> or fourm, dose not work. i dont know why, is there any other place that it
> will save the info?

do u read its output?
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: localconfig

Emmanuel Seyman
In reply to this post by Dan-26
Dan wrote:
>
> yes i did run the checksetup.pl many times

What is the output of the command?

Emmanuel

_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: localconfig

Dan-26
In reply to this post by Dan-26
output is fine: its more like asking to install GD, Mysql...
there were more needed to install, but im on final two, but on mysql it
running the test db, i needed to change its value, but i dont see
localconfig file to do that. dose localconfig file saved in some other
location for temporary? i installed bugzilla in /usr/local folder, just like
it said in documetation, but dont see localconfig after i run it.


"Dan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:dgmrvj$[hidden email]...
> yes i did run the checksetup.pl many times, but it dose not create any
> localconfig file :(  i dont know why. but i tryed everything from the
manual

> or fourm, dose not work. i dont know why, is there any other place that it
> will save the info?
>
>
>
> "Michael Bellomo" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
> > You need to run the script checksetup.pl in the bugzilla directory.
> > It'll generate the localconfig file for you.  Then you edit that file as
> > needed and run checksetup.pl again till it completes without errors.
> >
> >     -Michael
> >
> > Dan wrote:
> >
> > >can anyone tell me where is localconfig file, becausei dont see it in
the

> > >bugzilla folder, there is localconfig.js but not just localconfig. any
> help
> > >please
> > >
> > >
> > >_______________________________________________
> > >mozilla-webtools mailing list
> > >[hidden email]
> > >http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
> > >.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>


_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: localconfig

Emmanuel Seyman
Dan wrote:
>
> output is fine: its more like asking to install GD, Mysql...

The localconfig file won't be created until a usable version of perl
bindings for MySQL has been found. Install DBD-MySQL and then run
checksetup.pl.

Emmanuel

_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: localconfig

Victory-8
In reply to this post by Dan-26
Dan wrote:
> output is fine: its more like asking to install GD, Mysql...
> there were more needed to install, but im on final two, but on mysql it
> running the test db, i needed to change its value, but i dont see
> localconfig file to do that. dose localconfig file saved in some other
> location for temporary? i installed bugzilla in /usr/local folder, just like
> it said in documetation, but dont see localconfig after i run it.

Ease up.
Bugzilla installation doesn't affect installation of Perl module.
installing Perl module doesn't mention Bugzilla.

--
victory
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools