listing which bugs are fixed in release notes

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

listing which bugs are fixed in release notes

alexl-4
Hello,

Has this been done/ is it possible to automate the following:

supposing bug/feature 123 has been reported and is listed in bugzilla,
I fix it in my ide, compile it, tag as release 1.xyz and release it, then...

the release notes automaticaly list that bug 123 is fixed in release 1.xyz?

thx
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: listing which bugs are fixed in release notes

Christopher Hicks
On Thu, 12 May 2005, alexl wrote:
> Has this been done/ is it possible to automate the following:
>
> supposing bug/feature 123 has been reported and is listed in bugzilla,
> I fix it in my ide, compile it, tag as release 1.xyz and release it, then...
>
> the release notes automaticaly list that bug 123 is fixed in release 1.xyz?

Its certainly possible, but it hasn't been "done" as far as I know.  A
query checking for resolved bugs within a version or time span would seem
to give you this information which could be exported as XML and
reformatted as desired.

--
</chris>

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: listing which bugs are fixed in release notes

alexl-4
In reply to this post by alexl-4
Thanks,

when a bug is fixed, where is the best field to put which release it
is fixed, i.e. what is generated from the cvs tag command,
cvs tag r1_1 = release 1_1

thx

Christopher Hicks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 May 2005, alexl wrote:
>> Has this been done/ is it possible to automate the following:
>>
>> supposing bug/feature 123 has been reported and is listed in bugzilla,
>> I fix it in my ide, compile it, tag as release 1.xyz and release it, then...
>>
>> the release notes automaticaly list that bug 123 is fixed in release 1.xyz?
>
> Its certainly possible, but it hasn't been "done" as far as I know.  A
> query checking for resolved bugs within a version or time span would seem
> to give you this information which could be exported as XML and
> reformatted as desired.
>
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: listing which bugs are fixed in release notes

Christopher Hicks
On Thu, 12 May 2005, alexl wrote:
> when a bug is fixed, where is the best field to put which release it is
> fixed, i.e. what is generated from the cvs tag command, cvs tag r1_1 =
> release 1_1

You can define versions for each product.  Using the version to specify
the version that something was fixed in wouldn't seem to be a terrible
thing.  The version that someone reported a problem with would still be in
the bug history.

--
</chris>

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
  soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: listing which bugs are fixed in release notes

alexl-4
In reply to this post by alexl-4
Thx,

So there's not a version reported field and a version fixed in field,
are those easy to add in?

e.g.

ID vers_reported  vers_fixed  summary
1   1.0              1.1       random crashes
2   1.0              1.1       cancel button doesnt work

Christopher Hicks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 May 2005, alexl wrote:
>> when a bug is fixed, where is the best field to put which release it is
>> fixed, i.e. what is generated from the cvs tag command, cvs tag r1_1 =
>> release 1_1
>
> You can define versions for each product.  Using the version to specify
> the version that something was fixed in wouldn't seem to be a terrible
> thing.  The version that someone reported a problem with would still be in
> the bug history.
>
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: listing which bugs are fixed in release notes

Marc Schumann
alexl,

On 5/13/05, alexl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So there's not a version reported field and a version fixed in field,
> are those easy to add in?

you can use the Target Milestone field to specify the version fixed
in. During bug life, it'd contain the version the bug is expected to
be fixed in, and at the end of its life, the version it has actually
been fixed.

   Kind regards
      Marc

--
http://wurblzap.net/
Bugzilla hosting and professional support

_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools