link emulators on desktop

Patrick McManus-3
Doug and Nick were in a side discussion the other day about desktop
modelling tools that could give the marketplace team a better feel for cell
networks.. we talked about netem and dummynet..

I just saw this - a pretty slick UI in os x 10.7.. anybody used it? (I'm
not using that platform)  - does it do latency well? does it do variability
well in the mobile profiles?

http://mattgemmell.com/network-link-conditioner-in-lion/

Re: link emulators on desktop

Doug Turner-4
Looks like it a pretty ui wrapper above what Nick has been doing.

--
Doug Turner

On Friday, April 4, 2014 at 6:43 AM, Patrick McManus wrote:

> Doug and Nick were in a side discussion the other day about desktop modelling tools that could give the marketplace team a better feel for cell networks.. we talked about netem and dummynet..
>
> I just saw this - a pretty slick UI in os x 10.7.. anybody used it? (I'm not using that platform)  - does it do latency well? does it do variability well in the mobile profiles?
>
> http://mattgemmell.com/network-link-conditioner-in-lion/

Re: link emulators on desktop

Steve Workman-2
I used it briefly in the Fall when I was looking more at lame network
stuff. Def slick UI.