l10n schedule udpate: Focus (Android/iOS)

l10n schedule udpate: Focus (Android/iOS)

Delphine L
Hi localizers,

I wanted to let you know about the new l10n schedule in regards to Focus.

Releases are still on a 2 week cadence, though they will be minor releases
(bug fixes, small changes). Major releases (new features) will happen every
6 weeks - so every 3rd sprint. All possibly contain strings.

We're also now getting strings more often for these projects. Typically,
every Wednesday.  And since strings now land much more regularly, I won't
be announcing the bi-weekly deadlines here or on Pontoon anymore. I will
continue to send a reminder here though about the major releases :)

Since this is new and it's been a while since deadlines were clearly
announced, I'd like to tell you what the next milestone for us is:

Next Focus version for both Android and iOS is v4.0.
L10n deadline (localizing+testing) for both is next Tuesday, Dec 5th.

L10n sign-off will always be the Wednesday after code freeze, that will
appear soon in the schedules here:
* https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Focus/Android/Train_Schedule
* https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Focus/iOS/Train_Schedule
(note that the deadline for l10n is one day earlier than the sign-off, so
that I know that all locales are ready to go on the day of the deadline).

Between v4 and Jan, there should be no releases. It will be mostly fixing
v4 bugs - and then most of the staff is at All-Hands and then there are end
of year vacations.

As usual, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Also please feel free
to check the documentation for Focus here:
https://mozilla-l10n.github.io/localizer-documentation/

thanks!
--
Delphine

Re: l10n schedule udpate: Focus (Android/iOS)

Стоян Димитров
> * https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Focus/Android/Train_Schedule
> * https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Focus/iOS/Train_Schedule

I was wondering if those two tables could not be used to generate a
calendar, much like the Firefox Merge/Release Dates Calendar, so
everyone interested could just follow. Most of the time I forget to look
at those pages.

--
С.

Re: l10n schedule udpate: Focus (Android/iOS)

Delphine L
I've asked exactly the same thing a few times already :)
I'll keep you posted when that's up!

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:23 AM, Стоян Димитров <[hidden email]> wrote:

> * https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Focus/Android/Train_Schedule
>> * https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Focus/iOS/Train_Schedule
>>

> I was wondering if those two tables could not be used to generate a
> calendar, much like the Firefox Merge/Release Dates Calendar, so everyone
> interested could just follow. Most of the time I forget to look at those
> pages.
>
> --
> С.

Delphine