jsdIFilter?

John J Barton
Does anyone know if jsdIFilter works?  I guess I could try it, seems
like a good thing if it worked...John.

Re: jsdIFilter?

James Ross
"John J. Barton" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Does anyone know if jsdIFilter works?  I guess I could try it, seems like
> a good thing if it worked...John.

>From inspection, it appears that it will work for all the callback hooks
except scriptHook. Venkman has a mini-example/test in
http://mxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/ident?i=cmdTestFilters. No guarantees on
its stability, though, as I don't know of anything that actually uses it
(besides that mini-test in Venkman).

Would be great if you can report back on if it works, doesn't work or takes
down the world in a ball of fire. ;)

--
James Ross

Re: jsdIFilter?

John J Barton
James Ross wrote:

> "John J. Barton" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> Does anyone know if jsdIFilter works?  I guess I could try it, seems
>> like a good thing if it worked...John.
>
>  From inspection, it appears that it will work for all the callback
> hooks except scriptHook. Venkman has a mini-example/test in
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/ident?i=cmdTestFilters. No guarantees
> on its stability, though, as I don't know of anything that actually uses
> it (besides that mini-test in Venkman).
>
> Would be great if you can report back on if it works, doesn't work or
> takes down the world in a ball of fire. ;)

Thanks for your information. Unfortunately the only case I really need
is scriptHook :-(.  The big overhead in Firebug is caused because the
only way to sort out scripts is to have a stack and scriptHooks do not
have a stack. So I have to take the scriptHook and set a breakpoint to
get a stack.  I thought I could pay back some of the overhead if I could
filter scriptHook calls to focus only on the ones that need processing.

John.