Quantcast

js error - linux install

goodwin-4
Tried the Tbird support group, no joy.

Error console showing 3 diff js errors.

Just to mention it in passing:

Error involving gloda, on which a bug had been filed and closed - no
discernible effect on performance but can't really tell.

2nd one, also in passing (unknown effect) is:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004001
(NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIRequest.name]"  nsresult: "0x80004001
(NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)"  location: "JS frame ::
file:///opt/thunderbird/components/nsLoginManager.js :: anonymous ::
line 315"  data: no]
Source File: file:///opt/thunderbird/components/nsLoginManager.js
Line: 315

Updated to TB 3.1.6 and haven't seen it again yet.

3rd error is the one with noticeable effect, to wit, Tbird will not a
advance to next unread message while reading a newsgroup thread with
message being read in its own window (not tab or message pane - haven't
tested them - yet).
This is not consistent, seems to be off and on.  I wouldn't know what to
look at in various message headers, if in fact the problem may be there.

The error:

Error: An error occurred executing the cmd_nextUnreadMsg command:
[Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "aParent is null" {file:
"chrome://messenger/content/msgViewNavigation.js" line: 69}]' when
calling method: [nsIController::doCommand]"  nsresult: "0x80570021
(NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://global/content/globalOverlay.js :: goDoCommand :: line 96"
data: yes]
Source File: chrome://global/content/globalOverlay.js
Line: 100

I'm not a programmer so cannot devine what the problem is.

Anyone know of  way to fix this?
Or should I go to the dev.Tbird group?

Thanks for any input.

jg

Re: js error - linux install

goodwin-4
On 11/12/2010 08:07 AM, goodwin wrote:
> Tried the Tbird support group, no joy.

not much here either...

> Error: An error occurred executing the cmd_nextUnreadMsg command:
> [Exception... "'[JavaScript Error: "aParent is null" {file:
> "chrome://messenger/content/msgViewNavigation.js" line: 69}]' when
> calling method: [nsIController::doCommand]" nsresult: "0x80570021
> (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame ::
> chrome://global/content/globalOverlay.js :: goDoCommand :: line 96"
> data: yes]
> Source File: chrome://global/content/globalOverlay.js
> Line: 100
>
> I'm not a programmer so cannot devine what the problem is.
>
> Anyone know of way to fix this?
> Or should I go to the dev.Tbird group?

addendum:

would seem that closing the message window and reopening allows the
nextUnread function to work, until it breaks again.
Haven't nailed down that cause yet...

Re: js error - linux install

Gijs Kruitbosch ("Hannibal")
Hi,

Thanks for your message. It sounds like these are bugs which you should be able
to file in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ - if that's too much hassle or if
you're not sure how to get that to work, copying your original post to
moz.dev.apps.thunderbird will probably be more likely to get you a useful reply.
They probably will need some more info from you, but I don't know what that
would be myself, so I suggest you try there.

Sorry about the lousy experience so far! Some of our newsgroups (like this one)
are not very active - this one is actually about a developer tool for javascript
debugging. :-)

Hope you manage to find a solution for your problem.

All the best,
Gijs