join group...which group?

thufir
Looking at:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XPCOM

the newsgroup, mailing list, google group, these are all supposed to mirror each other?

I'm on the mozilla firefox newsgroup, but mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom is mostly dead, at least recently.

Is this google groups mailing list available on gmane, perhaps?

gmane.comp.mozilla.devel.xpcom

looks like the right group, but it's dead, too.  It says that it's a gateway to [hidden email], but that's probably broken, I'm guessing.  I haven't looked at that mailing list archives, however.

Is this particular google group available on gmane?  That would be my preference, if it's not on the mozilla news server.

thanks,

Thufir

Re: join group...which group?

thufir
On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 12:15:52 -0800, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:

> Is this particular google group available on gmane?  That would be my
> preference, if it's not on the mozilla news server.

Pardon, it does appear that the google group matches up with the mozilla
group on the news server.  The low-volume threw me off.

-Thufir

Re: join group...which group?

Mook-6
On 11/03/2014 12:15 PM, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
> Looking at:
>
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XPCOM
>
> the newsgroup, mailing list, google group, these are all supposed to mirror each other?
>
> I'm on the mozilla firefox newsgroup, but mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom is mostly dead, at least recently.

Yes, this list/group/thingy is basically dead.  Your best bet would be
to discuss things on dev-platform@ / mozilla.dev.platform.

If the "firefox newsgroup" is mozilla.dev.apps.firefox, that's dead too;
the non-dead version is (read-only, not on news.mozilla.org)
gmane.comp.mozilla.firefox.devel.  That's focused on Firefox (the
desktop application) development.  Posting is via the mailing list.

HTH,

--
Mook

Re: join group...which group?

thufir
On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 20:54:18 -0800, Mook wrote:

> On 11/03/2014 12:15 PM, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
>> Looking at:
>>
>> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XPCOM
>>
>> the newsgroup, mailing list, google group, these are all supposed to
>> mirror each other?
>>
>> I'm on the mozilla firefox newsgroup, but mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom is
>> mostly dead, at least recently.
>>
> Yes, this list/group/thingy is basically dead.  Your best bet would be
> to discuss things on dev-platform@ / mozilla.dev.platform.
>
> If the "firefox newsgroup" is mozilla.dev.apps.firefox, that's dead too;
> the non-dead version is (read-only, not on news.mozilla.org)
> gmane.comp.mozilla.firefox.devel.  That's focused on Firefox (the
> desktop application) development.  Posting is via the mailing list.
>
> HTH,

It helps...just not exactly what I wanted to hear.

thanks,

Thufir