jobqueue.pl daemon

Denis Oblak
Hello!

Can you please help me with my problem. If we don't have option Administration->Parameters->Email->use_mailer_queue On, our mails are working ok. But as our smtp server is sometimes offline, we wanted to turn on mail queue. So we set this to on. Do we have to do something else so that mails would work?

Where is the problem? If we set use_mailer_queue to On, mails don't go out. They go to table ts_job and stay there. Can you help me to resolve the issue.

We have Bugzilla version 5.0.4 running on CentOS 7. What I tried already?

Runing this says 0 jobs in queue although one item is in ts_job table:
/etc/init.d/bugzilla-queue status
Configuration looks okay
bugzilla-queue running - pid 20494
0 jobs in the queue.

Also restart of jobqueue doesn't say it is anything wrong:
[root@bugzilla-test bugzilla]# ./jobqueue.pl -d restart
PIDFILE=./data/jobqueue.pl.pid
Killing 21763
Starting jobqueue.pl server

Status ok:
[root@bugzilla-test bugzilla]# ./jobqueue.pl -d status
PIDFILE=./data/jobqueue.pl.pid
jobqueue.pl running - pid 23104
0 jobs in the queue.

Everything looks ok:
[root@bugzilla-test bugzilla]# ./jobqueue.pl -d once
PIDFILE=./data/jobqueue.pl.pid
Starting jobqueue.pl server

I installed it with:
./jobqueue.pl install

In /var/log/messages I see that every 5 seconds it checks for job, but it doesn't find any:
Apr 12 14:40:20 XXXX jobqueue.pl[23104]: No jobs found

What did I miss? Please help.

BR Denis

Re: jobqueue.pl daemon

Denis Oblak-2
Dne petek, 13. april 2018 08.45.03 UTC+2 je oseba Thorsten Schöning napisala:

> Guten Tag Denis Oblak,
> am Donnerstag, 12. April 2018 um 14:41 schrieben Sie:
>
> > Runing this says 0 jobs in queue although one item is in ts_job table:
> > /etc/init.d/bugzilla-queue status
> > Configuration looks okay
> > bugzilla-queue running - pid 20494
> > 0 jobs in the queue.
>
> Are you sure to not have multiple instances of Bugzilla with
> individual databases each? Provide the job present but not found from
> the database to have a look at. Maybe the data is wrong for some
> reason. "./jobqueue.pl check" works fine for me and finds the one
> created job.
>
> > jobid funcid uniqkey insert_time run_after  grabbed_until priority coalesce
> > ----- ------ ------- ----------- ---------- ------------- -------- --------
> > 1     1      (null)  1523601360  1523601360 0             5        (null)
>
> "arg" is missing because of binary data, but it does contain some.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Thorsten Schöning
>
> --
> Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
> AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/
>
> Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
> Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
>
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Yes. You are right. I didn't even think that multi project could be the problem :( I do have one instance of bugzilla with multiple projects (databases) each with its own configuration. Job goes to the ts_job table of the correct database. Do I have to set enything to make this work? Or there isn't any solution to the problem as jobqueue is ment for one project per one instance? Thank you again.

Best wishes, Denis

Re: jobqueue.pl daemon

Denis Oblak-2
Dne ponedeljek, 16. april 2018 14.30.10 UTC+2 je oseba Thorsten Schöning napisala:

> Guten Tag [hidden email],
> am Montag, 16. April 2018 um 14:11 schrieben Sie:
>
> > I do have one instance of bugzilla with multiple
> > projects (databases) each with its own configuration. Job goes to
> > the ts_job table of the correct database. Do I have to set enything
> > to make this work?
>
> I expect the same as for your web server and checksetup.pl, you need
> an environment variable setting the correct project before running
> jobqueue.pl.
>
> https://bugzilla.readthedocs.io/en/5.0/installing/multiple-bugzillas.html
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
>
> Thorsten Schöning
>
> --
> Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: [hidden email]
> AM-SoFT IT-Systeme      http://www.AM-SoFT.de/
>
> Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
> Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
> Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04
>
> AM-SoFT GmbH IT-Systeme, Brandenburger Str. 7c, 31789 Hameln
> AG Hannover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

Thank you very much !!! It works.

Best wished,
   Denis