javascript blank frames

Duane-7
Whenever I click on a link that fires up a javascript applet with
motion, I see flashes of the javascript then the frame where it is to
appear goes blank and it is gone. For example asking for a radar loop
on the  national weather service website goes blank.

I have been using noscript for many months. Everything is up to date
including Firefox 1.5 on a PC running XP SP2 with all updates.

Any suggestions? I don't want to fire up IE just to see javascript
annimations.

I have the following extensions:
Talkback
Adblock
PDF Download
IE view
NoScript
Tab Mix Plus
Download Statusbar

Re: javascript blank frames

gwtc
Duane wrote:

> Whenever I click on a link that fires up a javascript applet with
> motion, I see flashes of the javascript then the frame where it is to
> appear goes blank and it is gone. For example asking for a radar loop
> on the  national weather service website goes blank.
>
> I have been using noscript for many months. Everything is up to date
> including Firefox 1.5 on a PC running XP SP2 with all updates.
>
> Any suggestions? I don't want to fire up IE just to see javascript
> annimations.
>
> I have the following extensions:
> Talkback
> Adblock
> PDF Download
> IE view
> NoScript
> Tab Mix Plus
> Download Statusbar

can you post the website where you're having problems with, so someone
can go and check it out.  Thanks

Re: javascript blank frames

Duane-7
Sure, press any of the "loop" links on this weather page. They bring up
java applets to show weather versus time. The top two links load the
fastest.

It's like the java applets are running, but they sit behind the
background color.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/cbw.shtml

Alternatively go to this page and click on any of the java applet
links. They all disappear behind a blank background even though the
status bar at the bottom of Firefox says they are started.

http://www.educatorscorner.com/index.cgi?CONTENT_ID=2481

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: javascript blank frames

Marc Wilson-2
In netscape.public.mozilla.general,  (Duane) wrote in
<[hidden email]>::

>Whenever I click on a link that fires up a javascript applet with

If it's an applet, it's *java*, not *javascript*. The only connection
between the two is the name, and the fact that they're both
block-structured languages.

--
Marc

Work like you don't need the money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
Dance like nobody's watching.

Re: javascript blank frames

Duane-7
Thanks. I knew that but wrote without thinking. Yes it is a java applet
problem. Please help. I hate opening IE just to see java applets!

Re: javascript blank frames

Peter Lairo
Duane wrote on 10.01.2006 13:26:
> Sure, press any of the "loop" links on this weather page. They bring up
> java applets to show weather versus time. The top two links load the
> fastest.
>
> It's like the java applets are running, but they sit behind the
> background color.
>
> http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/cbw.shtml

The JAVA animations work fine here: Firefox trunk nightly build(1) on WinXP.

Try disabling all your Extensions by going to Start / All Programs /
Mozilla Firefox / Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). If that doesn't work, try
testing it with a new profile. If that doesn't work, you might need to
reinstall or update JAVA.

(1) Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1)
Gecko/20060109 Firefox/1.6a1

Peter Lairo

Lame attempt to get rich: http://www.lairo.com/donations.html

New Mozilla Newsgroup Structure (was: Re: javascript blank frames)

Peter Lairo
BTW: Since yesterday, there is a *new newsgroup structure* for Mozilla.
Click File / Subscribe, then Refresh to see the new newsgroups. I
suggest you try:

For more info, see:
http://ilias.ca/blog/2006/01/its-alive.html
http://www.mozilla.org/community/giganews-migration.html