individual emails being viewed

David Emmons
In the distant past, it was possible to hit the ESC key to exit a
message being viewed. Is there a way to still do this--to configure it
to do this, or can I ask that it be brought back? Thank you.

--
By His Grace alone,

Pastor David Emmons
The Five Point Parish of North Iowa
(203)940-3794

Jude 24-25: To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Das Herz von der Materie ist das Herz von allen Dingen.

"Prayer must not ground itself upon one's own worthiness, but instead simply upon God's mercy." -Johann Gerhard

"...och inled oss icke i frestelse, utan frals oss ifran ondo." Matthew 6:13

"Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car." - Winston Churchill

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - also Winston Churchill

Re: individual emails being viewed

Chris Ramsden-2
On 2016-12-29 19:40, David Emmons wrote:
> In the distant past, it was possible to hit the ESC key to exit a
> message being viewed. Is there a way to still do this--to configure it
> to do this, or can I ask that it be brought back? Thank you.

That is still true if you view a message in its own window. By default,
you'll be seeing messages in a tab. Unless you use the infinitely more
civilized method of viewing messages in the Message Pane below the
Thread List pane.

ctrl+w will close the tab. And there is an add-on that enables esc to
close a tab.

I suggest you go to Tools|Options|Display|Advanced and select one of the
two "in a window" options.

Re: individual emails being viewed

Millwood
David Emmons wrote:
> In the distant past, it was possible to hit the ESC key to exit a
> message being viewed. Is there a way to still do this--to configure it
> to do this, or can I ask that it be brought back? Thank you.

Close tab on escape
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/close-tab-on-esc/?src=api

works for me - it closes tabs but also a message in a new window.