ignores perl interpreter line in scripts

ignores perl interpreter line in scripts

julian-4
In setting up bugzilla on a linux 2.6.11 (actually some of the additional
perl modules -jpeg, freetype, etc) it ignores the #!/usr/bin/perl line in
the configure scripts and exits back to the command prompt immediately, no
message, no action.  What am I missing?
thanks
julian

Re: ignores perl interpreter line in scripts

julian-4
turns out to be directory dependent.  wont run in that directory but will in
others.  never figured out why, but created a new directory elsewhere, tared
the contents to it, removed the original and moved the new one in and they
work fine.  owner, group and permissions the same.  If anyone has any idea
why, i would love to know.  meanwhile, the problem is gone for now.
julian
"julian" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:d7t4be$[hidden email]...
> In setting up bugzilla on a linux 2.6.11 (actually some of the additional
> perl modules -jpeg, freetype, etc) it ignores the #!/usr/bin/perl line in
> the configure scripts and exits back to the command prompt immediately, no
> message, no action.  What am I missing?
> thanks
> julian

Re: ignores perl interpreter line in scripts

julian-4
Ended up being a corrupt (very corrupt) file system.  I don't see how it was
running at all.  Cleaned the box, reinstalled (fsck was a mess) and it is
fine.  Should have guessed.
news:d84u7m$[hidden email]...