icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

Sören
Does any one else have the same problem?
Thunderbird 7 shows some icons in grey colour like send,spelling,
attachment, etc in the write new message window.
This seems to happen under windows 7 only. On a windows xp system there
was no problem.
I already tried a new profile, but it does not seem to be a profile problem.
As far as I can tell its only the grey colour, the rest of Thunderbird
7.0 seem to work as expected.

Any suggestions?

Soeren
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

Stefan Sitter-2
Sören Hüttemann wrote:
> Does any one else have the same problem? Thunderbird 7 shows some
> icons in grey colour like send,spelling, attachment, etc in the write
> new message window. This seems to happen under windows 7 only. On a
> windows xp system there was no problem. I already tried a new
> profile, but it does not seem to be a profile problem. As far as I
> can tell its only the grey colour, the rest of Thunderbird 7.0 seem
> to work as expected.
>
> Any suggestions?

This is the default Thunderbird theme for Windows 7. On Windows XP it
uses a different theme / icon set. My only suggestion is to install a
custom theme if you want different icons. I currently use the xpDefault
theme (https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/329128) to get
colored icons back and remove the transparency toolbars.

Stefan
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

Ron K.
In reply to this post by Sören
Sören Hüttemann on 9/28/2011 11:17 AM, keyboarded a reply:

> Does any one else have the same problem?
> Thunderbird 7 shows some icons in grey colour like send,spelling,
> attachment, etc in the write new message window.
> This seems to happen under windows 7 only. On a windows xp system there
> was no problem.
> I already tried a new profile, but it does not seem to be a profile problem.
> As far as I can tell its only the grey colour, the rest of Thunderbird 7.0
> seem to work as expected.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Soeren

What you are seeing is the Aero style default theme for Vista/Win7 that
was introduced with TB6. For users of Win XP, they get a different default
theme more in the style of that OS (It has color).

--
Ron K.
Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

Sören
In reply to this post by Stefan Sitter-2
Thanks,

I was pretty sure that Thunderbird 6.0 did look different.
The all grey icons do not really help in terms of usability.
I installed the xp theme plug-in, thanks Stefan.



Soeren


on 28.09.2011 18:16 Stefan Sitter wrote the following:

> Sören Hüttemann wrote:
>> Does any one else have the same problem? Thunderbird 7 shows some
>> icons in grey colour like send,spelling, attachment, etc in the write
>> new message window. This seems to happen under windows 7 only. On a
>> windows xp system there was no problem. I already tried a new
>> profile, but it does not seem to be a profile problem. As far as I
>> can tell its only the grey colour, the rest of Thunderbird 7.0 seem
>> to work as expected.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> This is the default Thunderbird theme for Windows 7. On Windows XP it
> uses a different theme / icon set. My only suggestion is to install a
> custom theme if you want different icons. I currently use the xpDefault
> theme (https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/329128) to get
> colored icons back and remove the transparency toolbars.
>
> Stefan

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

Sören
Sorry to say,

but the lightning plug-in theme did not change with the xp plugin, it is
still grey in grey. This really sucks.
Is there a way to change this ?

Soeren

on 29.09.2011 08:59 Sören Hüttemann wrote the following:

> Thanks,
>
> I was pretty sure that Thunderbird 6.0 did look different.
> The all grey icons do not really help in terms of usability.
> I installed the xp theme plug-in, thanks Stefan.
>
>
>
> Soeren
>
>
> on 28.09.2011 18:16 Stefan Sitter wrote the following:
>> Sören Hüttemann wrote:
>>> Does any one else have the same problem? Thunderbird 7 shows some
>>> icons in grey colour like send,spelling, attachment, etc in the write
>>> new message window. This seems to happen under windows 7 only. On a
>>> windows xp system there was no problem. I already tried a new
>>> profile, but it does not seem to be a profile problem. As far as I
>>> can tell its only the grey colour, the rest of Thunderbird 7.0 seem
>>> to work as expected.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> This is the default Thunderbird theme for Windows 7. On Windows XP it
>> uses a different theme / icon set. My only suggestion is to install a
>> custom theme if you want different icons. I currently use the xpDefault
>> theme (https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/329128) to get
>> colored icons back and remove the transparency toolbars.
>>
>> Stefan
>

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

Sören
Ok found it.

Just switch to compatibility mode by Thunderbird icon property (use
windows XP sp3)
Every icon is coloured again also the lightning icons.
Sorry about my complain. I know the developers work really hard to
improve Thunderbird but the theme topic is really annoying.

Soeren




on 29.09.2011 09:07 Sören Hüttemann wrote the following:

> Sorry to say,
>
> but the lightning plug-in theme did not change with the xp plugin, it is
> still grey in grey. This really sucks.
> Is there a way to change this ?
>
> Soeren
>
> on 29.09.2011 08:59 Sören Hüttemann wrote the following:
>> Thanks,
>>
>> I was pretty sure that Thunderbird 6.0 did look different.
>> The all grey icons do not really help in terms of usability.
>> I installed the xp theme plug-in, thanks Stefan.
>>
>>
>>
>> Soeren
>>
>>
>> on 28.09.2011 18:16 Stefan Sitter wrote the following:
>>> Sören Hüttemann wrote:
>>>> Does any one else have the same problem? Thunderbird 7 shows some
>>>> icons in grey colour like send,spelling, attachment, etc in the write
>>>> new message window. This seems to happen under windows 7 only. On a
>>>> windows xp system there was no problem. I already tried a new
>>>> profile, but it does not seem to be a profile problem. As far as I
>>>> can tell its only the grey colour, the rest of Thunderbird 7.0 seem
>>>> to work as expected.
>>>>
>>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> This is the default Thunderbird theme for Windows 7. On Windows XP it
>>> uses a different theme / icon set. My only suggestion is to install a
>>> custom theme if you want different icons. I currently use the xpDefault
>>> theme (https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/329128) to get
>>> colored icons back and remove the transparency toolbars.
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>
>

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

jonrandy
In reply to this post by Sören
I have XP with a custom theme and the grey icons would look much better for me. How can I switch to these? Am I stuck with the coloured icons? I'd prefer the monochrome ones
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

Axel Grude-2
On 04/04/12 06:19, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have XP with a custom theme and the grey icons would look much better for me. How can I switch to these? Am I stuck with the coloured icons? I'd prefer the monochrome ones
Zigboom's themes are quite classy, and generally monochrome:

see: TT DeepDark 2.0.1.2

I am currently trying to convince him to make a "light" version such as

FT Graphite Glow (Firefox)


_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: icons are grey in Thunderbird 7 under windows 7

frankothemountain
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
In reply to this post by Sören
Hey, It's a long time ago, but this method still works for win 10 64 bit. Thanks!