https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

musiquegraeme
I don't know if it's teething issues but my addon, and it's restartless, is impossible to download.!

I go to Addons and search Addons.mozilla and eventually I find it. I click on it in the list and Firefox opens up and there it is.. ready to download?  I click on it and Firefox tries to stop me saying it is trying to stop me installing software on my computer and when I say allow I am told that Firefox has prevented this site from installing an unverified addon!!

When I click more I learn that Firefox since FF 57 does not allow legacy addons to be installed!

Why did it open in Firefox? It should have been done in Thunderbird .

Blessings

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

WaltS48-9
On 7/30/18 6:25 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I don't know if it's teething issues but my addon, and it's restartless, is impossible to download.!
>
> I go to Addons and search Addons.mozilla and eventually I find it. I click on it in the list and Firefox opens up and there it is.. ready to download?  I click on it and Firefox tries to stop me saying it is trying to stop me installing software on my computer and when I say allow I am told that Firefox has prevented this site from installing an unverified addon!!
>
> When I click more I learn that Firefox since FF 57 does not allow legacy addons to be installed!
>
> Why did it open in Firefox? It should have been done in Thunderbird .
>
> Blessings

If you are using Thunderbird 52.9.1, you probably have the less than
ideal case here.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/installing-addon-thunderbird>

If you are using Firefox 60.0 preview (build3), you should experience
the ideal case.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

musiquegraeme
I am using TB 60.0b and the *problem* is that this opens up Firefix 60.0.1 which is what refuses to download an *out of date* (in Firefox terms) addon. I would hope that either Firefox would allow TB addons that seem out of date or TB would manage the download process without FF.

On 7/30/18 9:16 AM, MusiqueGraeme wrote:
> I am using TB 60.0b and the *problem* is that this opens up Firefix 60.0.1 which is what refuses to download an *out of date* (in Firefox terms) addon. I would hope that either Firefox would allow TB addons that seem out of date or TB would manage the download process without FF.

You never could click the download button in Firefox and have it install
the extension in Thunderbird.

A user always has to use the less than ideal method.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/installing-addon-thunderbird#w_a-slightly-less-ideal-case-install-from-a-downloaded-xpi-file>

I would need to know what extension to do some testing.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

musiquegraeme
I've found it!
What I had been doing was going to get extensions in TB and clicking Browser all addons. I could see no way to search for an addon otherwise. Clicking this button opened https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ in FF.

My addon is single domain and when I found that it was yellow... I think this must be because I've never gone for the full review... It's always worked. If I click on the download button in FF it gives error messages and refuses to download. But if I click on the green button for another addon it works!

Also I realised today that I can click on Search on the Extensions tab on the Addon manager and search there, I can get a list of the addons and add my addon to TB. However if I get too keen and while I'm entering in the addon in the search button I see my addon in the drop down list and I click on that, it opens FF and I'm back where I don't want to be.

Basically TB extensions need to be dealt with in TB and maybe I need to look at getting a full review... I hadn't tried a green button before.:(

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

musiquegraeme
One last question - does my addon singledomain have a yellow button instead of a green one because I don't have a full review?

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

Jörg Knobloch
On 31/07/2018 10:27, [hidden email] wrote:
> One last question - does my addon singledomain have a yellow button instead of a green one because I don't have a full review?

That's a question for Andrei. It also says: "This add-on has been marked
as experimental by its developers".

Link: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/single-domain/

Jörg.

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

Philipp Kewisch-2
On 7/31/18 11:58 AM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:

> On 31/07/2018 10:27, [hidden email] wrote:
>> One last question - does my addon singledomain have a yellow button
>> instead of a green one because I don't have a full review?
>
> That's a question for Andrei. It also says: "This add-on has been marked
> as experimental by its developers".
>
> Link: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/single-domain/
>
> Jörg.

The yellow is due to the marking as experimental, which you can change
in the add-on listing options.

Philipp

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

musiquegraeme
Changed to non experimental and the button went green...:) Thanks.

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

musiquegraeme
Still doesn't allow me to install it... This is odd as when I search for it by name I am able to download the add-on underneath it in the list, Check Domain even though CheckDomain is out of date and doesn't work with TB 60?

Re: https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/extensions/ NOT working

dillinger-2
On 7/31/18 3:23 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Still doesn't allow me to install it... This is odd as when I search for it by name I am able to download the add-on underneath it in the list, Check Domain even though CheckDomain is out of date and doesn't work with TB 60?

Installs here and it works, just click the green button.