http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
70 messages Options
1234
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

David E. Ross-3
It appears that the Mozillazine Web site is down.

Cross-posted:  mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.general
Followup-To:   mozilla.general

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
and casino went bankrupt.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Chris Ilias-7
On 2016-06-11 7:47 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> It appears that the Mozillazine Web site is down.
>
> Cross-posted:  mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.general
> Followup-To:   mozilla.general
>

MozillaZine is not hosted by Mozilla, so the folks in
mozilla.dev.mozilla-org can't really do any more about it than you. If
kb.mozillazine.org is down, the place to report it is at
<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=11>
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

David E. Ross-3
On 6/11/2016 5:06 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:

> On 2016-06-11 7:47 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> It appears that the Mozillazine Web site is down.
>>
>> Cross-posted:  mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.general
>> Followup-To:   mozilla.general
>>
>
> MozillaZine is not hosted by Mozilla, so the folks in
> mozilla.dev.mozilla-org can't really do any more about it than you. If
> kb.mozillazine.org is down, the place to report it is at
> <http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=11>
>

I posted merely to notify others who might try to access Mozillazine.
To get resolution, I also sent an E-mail message to the registered owner
of the mozillazine.org domain.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
and casino went bankrupt.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Rinaldi-2
David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
> is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
> ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
> unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
> and casino went bankrupt.

Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?  There
are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing thousands.

Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.

Rinaldi
--
Johnson's First Law:
        When any mechanical contrivance fails, it will do so at the
most inconvenient possible time.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Richard Alan
In reply to this post by David E. Ross-3
David E. Ross wrote:

> It appears that the Mozillazine Web site is down.
>
> Cross-posted:  mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.general Followup-To:
>  mozilla.general

May I suggest that you place URLs in the bodies of your posts, where
applicable, so they become clickable links?

Did you try a site such as:  http://downforeveryone.com/
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

»Q«
In reply to this post by Rinaldi-2
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Rinaldi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
> > Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
> > is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
> > ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
> > unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
> > and casino went bankrupt.  
>
> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?

It's a sig -- there's not enough space there to point out the many
negatives in his business history.

> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.

AFAICT, most of the slimy stuff Drumpf has done has been in order to
compete with other capitalists, not socialists.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

The Real Bev
In reply to this post by Rinaldi-2
On 06/11/2016 07:06 PM, Rinaldi wrote:

> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
>> is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
>> ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
>> unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
>> and casino went bankrupt.
>
> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?  There
> are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing thousands.
>
> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.

As the Mythbusters tell us, failure is always an option.


--
Cheers, Bev
666666666666666666666666666666666666666
"I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces
  and join their hellish crusade."        -- Clarice


_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[FIXED] Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

David E. Ross-3
In reply to this post by David E. Ross-3
On 6/11/2016 4:47 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> It appears that the Mozillazine Web site is down.
>
> Cross-posted:  mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.general
> Followup-To:   mozilla.general
>

The Mozillazine site is again up.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
and casino went bankrupt.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

David E. Ross-3
In reply to this post by Richard Alan
On 6/11/2016 7:39 PM, Richard Alan wrote:

> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> It appears that the Mozillazine Web site is down.
>>
>> Cross-posted:  mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.general Followup-To:
>>  mozilla.general
>
> May I suggest that you place URLs in the bodies of your posts, where
> applicable, so they become clickable links?
>
> Did you try a site such as:  http://downforeveryone.com/
>

Yes, I tried that before posting to this newsgroup or sending an E-mail
to the domain owner.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
and casino went bankrupt.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Ron Hunter
In reply to this post by The Real Bev
On 6/11/2016 10:26 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> On 06/11/2016 07:06 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
>> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
>>> is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
>>> ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
>>> unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
>>> and casino went bankrupt.
>>
>> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?  There
>> are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing thousands.
>>
>> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>
> As the Mythbusters tell us, failure is always an option.
>
>
Most business ventures fail.  Usually because they are underfunded.
Sometimes it incompetent management, and sometimes corruption within.  A
major contributor to business failure is poor customer service, and
inadequate gross profit margins.

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Onno Ekker-2
In reply to this post by Rinaldi-2
Op 12-6-2016 om 04:06 schreef Rinaldi:

> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
>> is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
>> ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
>> unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
>> and casino went bankrupt.
>
> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?  There
> are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing thousands.
>
> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>
> Rinaldi
>

There's a tpyo in the sig too, 3rd line: s/hose/those/

Onno
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Ed Mullen-10
In reply to this post by Rinaldi-2
On 6/11/2016 at 10:06 PM, Rinaldi's fingers rattled off:

> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
>> is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
>> ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
>> unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
>> and casino went bankrupt.
>
> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?  There
> are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing thousands.
>
> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>
> Rinaldi
>

And, of course, the question liberal youngsters never ask is:  How do
you pay for it?

You can tax the 1% at 100% (ridiculous) and it'll run the government for
less than a month at its current deficit rate.

Stop giving people "free" stuff. Make them work for it instead.  Like I did.

I have because I busted my ass for decades and was prudent in my money
management. So now I have money.

I'm sick and tired of listening to people who want to sit back and have
the government dole out payments for doing nothing.

WORK FOR IT!!!  EARN IT.

And, by the way, my wife earned her US citzenship by going through the
system, following the rules, and taking the oath.  How do you think she
feels about talk of amnesty for illegals?

Not very positive.

If they are here illegally?  Toss them out.  Sorry, no sympathy.

There's a process, use it.  My wife did.  And it was a moving ceremony
in a courtroom in Maryland when she took the oath.

There is a process. Follow it.



--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/
Old dog still learning - please don't shoot yet
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Rinaldi-2
In reply to this post by »Q«
»Q« decreed, Read These Runes!:

> In <news:[hidden email]>,
> Rinaldi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> > Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
>> > is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
>> > ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
>> > unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
>> > and casino went bankrupt.  
>>
>> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?
>
> It's a sig -- there's not enough space there to point out the many
> negatives in his business history.

Enlighten me.  Time was sigs were generally expected to be brief and to
the point.  Mine are generated via "while true; do sleep 300 ; fortune
-s > ~/.signature ; done" to assure brevity.

Is there been some size limitation I should be aware of?

>> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>
> AFAICT, most of the slimy stuff Drumpf has done has been in order to
> compete with other capitalists, not socialists.

Slimy stuff:  See Clinton Foundation.

The Drumpf family name changed either in the 1600's or 1800's... but
whatever.

Socialists are not big on building things.  Your point?

Rinaldi
--
A copy of the universe is not what is required of art; one of the
damned things is ample. -- Rebecca West

_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Wolf K.
In reply to this post by Rinaldi-2
On 2016-06-11 22:06, Rinaldi wrote:
> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
>> is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
>> ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
>> unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
>> and casino went bankrupt.
>
> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?  There
> are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing thousands.

Yeah, but if Trump ever managed those businesses instead of leeching off
them they'd go broke. That's been his business history. He's a lousy
entrepreneur, mostly because he's a narcissist incapable of seeing what
he's doing from other people's POV, so he's repeatedly done silly things
because he wanted to, not because he's figured out what other people
want. PS: He's a rentier: those 500 corporations get nothing from his
"investment" except the obligation to pay him dividends.

> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>
> Rinaldi

Bottom line is that no business will hire (or invest in new plant etc)
if it doesn't have a business case to do so. Such as more customers than
they can handle. No president can create customers.

Lower taxes? Give me a beak. Why would I hire more people just because I
pay less in tax? Pass the savings on to the customers? You've got to be
kidding. I'll only do that if my competition does so first. For the last
50 years or so, taxes on corporate earnings and returns on shareholdings
have been lowered and lowered again, and the net result is a stagnant
economy with too much idle capital.

We have a monetised economy. There is only one economic law in such an
economy: My spending is your income, and your spending is my income. If
we don't spend, the economy stagnates. Everything else is psychology,
notions of justice, and superstition. Talk about "capitalism" and
"socialism" used to be about justice, but nowadays it's deteriorated
into superstitious waffle.

Have a good day,

--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Wolf K.
In reply to this post by Ron Hunter
On 2016-06-12 02:44, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 6/11/2016 10:26 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 06/11/2016 07:06 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>>> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
>>>> is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
>>>> ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
>>>> unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
>>>> and casino went bankrupt.
>>>
>>> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?  There
>>> are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing thousands.
>>>
>>> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>>
>> As the Mythbusters tell us, failure is always an option.
>>
>>
> Most business ventures fail.  Usually because they are underfunded.
> Sometimes it incompetent management, and sometimes corruption within.  A
> major contributor to business failure is poor customer service, and
> inadequate gross profit margins.

You've left out the most common reason: Not enough customers. Most
businesses fail because they overestimated the demand for their goods or
services. Maybe at the very beginning, maybe because they failed to pay
attention to changes customer preferences. No matter how well you manage
your business, etc, if you can't sell your stuff, you fail.

Have a good day,

--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Rinaldi-2
In reply to this post by Wolf K.
Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:

Overall enjoyed your rant.  Mostly without foundation but good as far as
rants go.  I'll address this point:

> Bottom line is that no business will hire (or invest in new plant
> etc) if it doesn't have a business case to do so. Such as more
> customers than they can handle. No president can create customers.

Presidents/government can create nothing other than an environment
allowing business to flourish.  Government mandates serve little purpose
other than to stifle small business and impede employment opportunities.
 All the while manipulating the numbers to make it look like a positive.

Many reasons to dislike the Donald, but a breath of fresh air in
Washington, DC can't be all bad.  Hardly my first choice.  But Hillary?
C'mon!

Good day in the making.  It's early yet ;-)

Rinaldi
--
"See - the thing is - I'm an absolutist.  I mean, kind of ... in a way ..."
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Rinaldi-2
In reply to this post by Wolf K.
Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:

> On 2016-06-12 02:44, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 6/11/2016 10:26 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>> On 06/11/2016 07:06 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>>> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>>>> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he is elected
>>>>> President.  To find out about Trump's ability to create jobs,
>>>>> ask hose who are now unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city
>>>>> hotel and casino went bankrupt.
>>>>
>>>> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?
>>>> There are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing
>>>> thousands.
>>>>
>>>> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>>>
>>> As the Mythbusters tell us, failure is always an option.
>>>
>>>
>> Most business ventures fail.  Usually because they are
>> underfunded. Sometimes it incompetent management, and sometimes
>> corruption within.  A major contributor to business failure is poor
>> customer service, and inadequate gross profit margins.
>
> You've left out the most common reason: Not enough customers. Most
> businesses fail because they overestimated the demand for their goods
> or services. Maybe at the very beginning, maybe because they failed
> to pay attention to changes customer preferences. No matter how well
> you manage your business, etc, if you can't sell your stuff, you
> fail.

Over 330 million potential customers.  I take a look at the product
first.  Let's face it, nobody's buying wash boards these days.

Rinaldi
--
Stop searching.  Happiness is right next to you.
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Wolf K.
In reply to this post by Rinaldi-2
On 2016-06-12 09:05, Rinaldi wrote:
> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>
> Overall enjoyed your rant.  Mostly without foundation but good as far as
> rants go.  I'll address this point:

Thanks.

I think.

:-)

--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Wolf K.
In reply to this post by Ed Mullen-10
On 2016-06-12 05:06, Ed Mullen wrote:

> On 6/11/2016 at 10:06 PM, Rinaldi's fingers rattled off:
>> >David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>> >>Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he
>>> >>is elected President.  To find out about Trump's
>>> >>ability to create jobs, ask hose who are now
>>> >>unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city hotel
>>> >>and casino went bankrupt.
>> >
>> >Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?  There
>> >are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing thousands.
>> >
>> >Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>> >
>> >Rinaldi
>> >
> And, of course, the question liberal youngsters never ask is:  How do
> you pay for it? [...][

By spending it. The people who receive it will spend it, too. Then those
recipients will spend it. And so on. At every transaction, you take a
cut, the private cut is called "profits" and the public cut is called
"taxes." Either way, some money is diverted into another channel, so the
economy grows. Unfortunately, too much of that "profit" ends up as dead
money, idle capital, shareholdings that aren't spent to improve the
business or the community in which the holders of that money live.

We have a monetised economy, more monetised than any economy has ever
been. But too many people think that money is wealth. It ain't. It's
just IOUs. If no one converts those dollar bills into wealth they're not
even toilet tissue.

Worse, too many people think of money as some kind of stuff, a limited
resource. So "spending money" somehow makes it disappear, just like
eating a steak makes it disappear. But the steak powers your body, if
you don't eat, you die. Just so, money powers the economy. If you don't
spend it, the economy dies.

More brutally: It's consumption that drives our economy, not investment.
Consuming stuff is those lazy folks' work. Without them the economy stops.

Have a good day,

--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OT Re: http://kb.mozillazine.org/ is Down

Wolf K.
In reply to this post by Rinaldi-2
On 2016-06-12 09:11, Rinaldi wrote:

> Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
>> On 2016-06-12 02:44, Ron Hunter wrote:
>>> On 6/11/2016 10:26 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>>> On 06/11/2016 07:06 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
>>>>> David E. Ross decreed, Read These Runes!:
>>>>>> Donald Trump says he will create many jobs if he is elected
>>>>>> President.  To find out about Trump's ability to create jobs,
>>>>>> ask hose who are now unemployed because Trump's Atlantic city
>>>>>> hotel and casino went bankrupt.
>>>>>
>>>>> Why point out one of the few negatives in his business history?
>>>>> There are over 500 corporations in his portfolio employing
>>>>> thousands.
>>>>>
>>>>> Bottom line is capitalism versus socialism.
>>>>
>>>> As the Mythbusters tell us, failure is always an option.
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Most business ventures fail.  Usually because they are
>>> underfunded. Sometimes it incompetent management, and sometimes
>>> corruption within.  A major contributor to business failure is poor
>>> customer service, and inadequate gross profit margins.
>>
>> You've left out the most common reason: Not enough customers. Most
>> businesses fail because they overestimated the demand for their goods
>> or services. Maybe at the very beginning, maybe because they failed
>> to pay attention to changes customer preferences. No matter how well
>> you manage your business, etc, if you can't sell your stuff, you
>> fail.
>
> Over 330 million potential customers.  I take a look at the product
> first.

Only if they have the money to spend....

   Let's face it, nobody's buying wash boards these days.
>
> Rinaldi

There are still a few customers for buggy whips, though.

:-)

--
Best,
Wolf K.
kirkwood40.blogspot.ca
_______________________________________________
general mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/general
1234