how to reduce the initial memory cost of firefox?

how to reduce the initial memory cost of firefox?

richielion
hi all,
      I installed a deer version of firefox in my fedora core 4 linux,
  but I found that it costed too much memory (about 30M)when it started with blank link.
  I've compiled the source code with less founction and tried to cut down most of UI elements.
  The memory cost has been reduced to 23M.
     Could you please give me some advices for the following problems:
     1. what is the most memory-cost function when the browser starts without pages loaded?
     2. the start sequence of mozilla firefox? where is the entry point when firefox boots?

     thanks a lot!

   Best Wishes
   Yours,Richie