how to have browser environment in SpiderMonkey as an embedded application?

how to have browser environment in SpiderMonkey as an embedded application?

redscapy
Hi,

I need to use the Spidermonkey as an embedded JS engine in a C++ project. However, I need some browser functionalities like supporting XHR, DOM and some HTML5 features such as websocket. As it says on the Spidermonkey's webpage, it doesn't support these matters and they are handled by other Firefox's components.

I have tested some simulation libraries like domjs and env.js, but, due to those are NodeJS libraries, aren't appropriate for such this project.

I was wondering if there is any other library, or manner to solve this problem and have browser environment in the Spidermonkey, or I have to write a library for this purpose?

Meantime, I need to manipulate some JS functionalities. For instance, capture all network communications, including XHR, Websockets , etc. and or hock all some especial functions call. Can I use different part of Mozilla for example DOM parser in my application?

Thanks in advance

Re: how to have browser environment in SpiderMonkey as an embedded application?

Terrence Cole-3
Your best be is probably to try SpiderNode:
https://github.com/mozilla/spidernode. It's still under active development,
so expect some rough edges to the experience.

Good luck!