Quantcast

how to change default status on new test run from 'Running' to 'Stopped'?

how to change default status on new test run from 'Running' to 'Stopped'?

rbadiverx
Howdy...

I hope someone is still reading these posts...they are very helpful.

I have Testopia 2.5 & Bugzilla 4.4 on Windows server.

When I create new test runs, the status is 'Running' by default and I want to change it to 'Stopped'.  I use this data to track the time spend testing the specific test runs.

thanks,
rich

[hidden email]
510.589.4035

Re: how to change default status on new test run from 'Running' to 'Stopped'?

Gregary Hendricks-2
It has been a while but I recall there was a default status in the
settings. Perhaps that was only for creating test cases though. If it is
not there, it should be pretty simple to set it in the code that crates a
new test-case-run. Do a search for RUNNING in the code. It will probably be
in TestCaseRun.pm or TestRun.pm. Hope this helps.

++Greg

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 2:36 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy...
>
> I hope someone is still reading these posts...they are very helpful.
>
> I have Testopia 2.5 & Bugzilla 4.4 on Windows server.
>
> When I create new test runs, the status is 'Running' by default and I want
> to change it to 'Stopped'.  I use this data to track the time spend testing
> the specific test runs.
>
> thanks,
> rich
>
> [hidden email]
> 510.589.4035

Re: how to change default status on new test run from 'Running' to 'Stopped'?

Gregary Hendricks-2
That may only affect new test runs. If you want to update existing
testcaseruns, you will have to update them in the database.

The place in the code you need to alter is in the TestRun.pm module in the
lib directory. LOook for the add_case_run method. Change $status ||=IDLE to
$status ||=STOPPED.

sub add_case_run {
    my $self = shift;
    my ($case_id, $sortkey, $status) = @_;
    $status ||=IDLE;
    trick_taint($case_id);
    return 0 if $self->check_case($case_id);
    my $case = Bugzilla::Extension::Testopia::TestCase->new($case_id);
    $sortkey = $case->sortkey unless $sortkey;

++Greg