how can I change field names in bugzilla?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
pc7
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how can I change field names in bugzilla?

pc7
Hello,

I'd like to ask somebody to help me with this.

I want to change field names in bugzilla. Is it possible?
Is there a file which can be edited to change field names?
How can I do that?

For example:
I'd like to change "OS" to "Operating System"
or "Hardware" to "HW"
and so on...

I'd like to change other fields such as Product, Component and Status, too.

Waiting for anwer :)
Thank you indeed.

Rimvydas Petkus


_______________________________________________
support-bugzilla mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-bugzilla
PLEASE put [hidden email] in the To: field when you reply.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how can I change field names in bugzilla?

Unca Ghryswald
pc7 wrote
Is there a file which can be edited to change field names?

Rimvydas Petkus
Look at your global/variables.none.tmpl file.  It has additional information in the comments section as to where you can adjust "linkification."

Good luck,
Unca Ghrys
pc7
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how can I change field names in bugzilla?

pc7
In reply to this post by pc7

"Unca Ghryswald" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>
>
> pc7 wrote:
>>
>> Is there a file which can be edited to change field names?
>>
>> Rimvydas Petkus
>>
>
> Look at your global/variables.none.tmpl file.  It has additional
> information
> in the comments section as to where you can adjust "linkification."
>
> Good luck,
> Unca Ghrys
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/how-can-I-change-field-names-in-bugzilla--tf4757696.html#a13607621
> Sent from the Bugzilla - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>


In this file I can change just main names, such as 'Bugzilla', 'bugs', 'bug'
and so on.
But how can I change these names:
'Product', 'Component', 'Status', 'Version', 'Priority', 'Severity' ?

Rimwiz


_______________________________________________
support-bugzilla mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-bugzilla
PLEASE put [hidden email] in the To: field when you reply.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: how can I change field names in bugzilla?

Tosh, Michael J
Check out global/field-descs.none.tmpl.  Just know that not all
templates use those descriptions like they should.  bug/edit.html.tmpl
has some field names hard coded, so do some others, like
list/table.html.tmpl.

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of pc7
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 6:52 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: how can I change field names in bugzilla?


"Unca Ghryswald" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

>
>
> pc7 wrote:
>>
>> Is there a file which can be edited to change field names?
>>
>> Rimvydas Petkus
>>
>
> Look at your global/variables.none.tmpl file.  It has additional
> information
> in the comments section as to where you can adjust "linkification."
>
> Good luck,
> Unca Ghrys
> --
> View this message in context:
>
http://www.nabble.com/how-can-I-change-field-names-in-bugzilla--tf475769
6.html#a13607621
> Sent from the Bugzilla - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>


In this file I can change just main names, such as 'Bugzilla', 'bugs',
'bug'
and so on.
But how can I change these names:
'Product', 'Component', 'Status', 'Version', 'Priority', 'Severity' ?

Rimwiz


_______________________________________________
support-bugzilla mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-bugzilla
PLEASE put [hidden email] in the To: field when you
reply.
_______________________________________________
support-bugzilla mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-bugzilla
PLEASE put [hidden email] in the To: field when you reply.
pc7
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how can I change field names in bugzilla?

pc7
In reply to this post by pc7
Thank you...:)
That works!

Rimwiz

"Tosh, Michael J" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Check out global/field-descs.none.tmpl.  Just know that not all
> templates use those descriptions like they should.  bug/edit.html.tmpl
> has some field names hard coded, so do some others, like
> list/table.html.tmpl.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of pc7
> Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 6:52 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: how can I change field names in bugzilla?
>
>
> "Unca Ghryswald" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>>
>>
>> pc7 wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a file which can be edited to change field names?
>>>
>>> Rimvydas Petkus
>>>
>>
>> Look at your global/variables.none.tmpl file.  It has additional
>> information
>> in the comments section as to where you can adjust "linkification."
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Unca Ghrys
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>>
> http://www.nabble.com/how-can-I-change-field-names-in-bugzilla--tf475769
> 6.html#a13607621
>> Sent from the Bugzilla - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>
>
> In this file I can change just main names, such as 'Bugzilla', 'bugs',
> 'bug'
> and so on.
> But how can I change these names:
> 'Product', 'Component', 'Status', 'Version', 'Priority', 'Severity' ?
>
> Rimwiz
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> support-bugzilla mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-bugzilla
> PLEASE put [hidden email] in the To: field when you
> reply.


_______________________________________________
support-bugzilla mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-bugzilla
PLEASE put [hidden email] in the To: field when you reply.