group & user setup question

TrishB
I'm trying to revamp our group and permission structure.

My goals are the following:
1. anybody can see any bug for any product
2. anybody can raise a bug for any product
3. member of x group can edit x bugs
4. member of x and y groups can edit x and y bugs

Here's the way I have things set up:

PRODUCTS group access controls defined as follows:
- for the group associated with this product: NA/NA, ENTRY, CANEDIT, editbugs
- for all other groups: NA/NA, ENTRY
- closed for bug entry: no

GROUP x defined as follows:
use for bugs: yes

USER testUser defined as follows:
- is a member of z group

Now, logged in as testUser:
- I can search all bugs for all products. Goal 1 achieved.
- I can only edit z bugs. Goal 3 achieved.
However, I cannot raise bugs for non-z products. I would have thought that setting the ENTRY flag in my product setup for all other groups would take care of this.

Can anybody help me with this?

Re: group & user setup question

Gervase Markham
On 06/11/09 16:42, Trish Bennett wrote:
> I'm trying to revamp our group and permission structure.

I would suggest that you have not had a reply because your message does
not explain your current setup clearly enough for a Bugzilla community
member to be able to understand it. For example, you start with x and y
then switch to x and z. And are x and y generic placeholders, or names
of specific groups?

Gerv

Re: group & user setup question

TrishB
OK, second try to explain this.

I'm trying to revamp our group and permission structure.

My goals are the following:
1. anybody can see any bug for any product
2. anybody can raise a bug for any product
3. member of groupA can edit groupA's bugs
4. member of groupA cannot edit bugs of groups he's not a member of

Here's the way I have things set up:

PRODUCTS group access controls defined as follows:
- for the group associated with this product: NA/NA, ENTRY, CANEDIT, editbugs
- for all other groups: NA/NA, ENTRY
- closed for bug entry: no

GROUP setup is as follows:
for both groupA and groupB:
use for bugs: yes

USER testUser defined as follows:
- is a member of groupA

Now, logged in as testUser:
- I can search all bugs for all products. Goal 1 achieved.
- I can only edit GroupA bugs. Goal 3 achieved.
However, I cannot raise bugs for GroupB products. I would have thought that setting the ENTRY flag in my product setup for all other groups would take care of this.

Can anybody help me with this?