gimme a beer holmes

1234 ... 56

gimme a beer holmes

ewastudent
What is this newsgroup about anyways?

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Terry R.-3
The date and time was Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:03:18 AM, and on a
whim, ewastudent pounded out on the keyboard:

> What is this newsgroup about anyways?

Not about ANY of the items you've posted.  Nor for Windows Mail.

--
Terry R.

Re: gimme a beer holmes

ewastudent
well bloody hell! nobody told me!!! you see, over here in Ipswich, our
petrol costs 1.45 pounds!!! eh chap!
"Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> The date and time was Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:03:18 AM, and on a
> whim, ewastudent pounded out on the keyboard:
>
>> What is this newsgroup about anyways?
>
> Not about ANY of the items you've posted.  Nor for Windows Mail.
>
> --
> Terry R.
> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Jay Garcia

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
ewastudent wrote:

> well bloody hell! nobody told me!!! you see, over here in Ipswich, our
> petrol costs 1.45 pounds!!! eh chap!
> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> The date and time was Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:03:18 AM, and on a
>> whim, ewastudent pounded out on the keyboard:
>>
>>> What is this newsgroup about anyways?
>>
>> Not about ANY of the items you've posted.  Nor for Windows Mail.

ah ha, you've been caught. One minute you say you're in
Oregon, now you're in Ipswich

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Jay Garcia
On 16.12.2008 12:47, ewastudent wrote:

> well bloody hell! nobody told me!!! you see, over here in Ipswich, our
> petrol costs 1.45 pounds!!! eh chap!
> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> The date and time was Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:03:18 AM, and on a
>> whim, ewastudent pounded out on the keyboard:
>>
>>> What is this newsgroup about anyways?
>>
>> Not about ANY of the items you've posted.  Nor for Windows Mail.
>>
>> --
>> Terry R.
>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

Leave or get banned, your choice.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org
Netscape - Flock - Firefox - Thunderbird - Seamonkey Support

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Terry R.-3
The date and time was Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:20:35 PM, and on a
whim, Jay Garcia pounded out on the keyboard:

> On 16.12.2008 12:47, ewastudent wrote:

He's not in MTMM. ;-)

--
Terry R.

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Irwin Greenwald-4

On 12/16/2008 10:47 AM, ewastudent wrote:

> well bloody hell! nobody told me!!! you see, over here in Ipswich, our
> petrol costs 1.45 pounds!!! eh chap!
> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> The date and time was Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:03:18 AM, and on a
>> whim, ewastudent pounded out on the keyboard:
>>
>>> What is this newsgroup about anyways?
>>
>> Not about ANY of the items you've posted.  Nor for Windows Mail.
>>
>> --
>> Terry R.
>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

Did you ever get your network setup?  You know, the one from your Vista
laptop to your Win98 PC?

--
Irwin

Re: gimme a beer holmes

ewastudent
not yet, i am going to get a wireless card for the pc tho. thanx
"Irwin Greenwald" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> On 12/16/2008 10:47 AM, ewastudent wrote:
>> well bloody hell! nobody told me!!! you see, over here in Ipswich, our
>> petrol costs 1.45 pounds!!! eh chap!
>> "Terry R." <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:[hidden email]...
>>> The date and time was Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:03:18 AM, and on a
>>> whim, ewastudent pounded out on the keyboard:

>>> Not about ANY of the items you've posted.  Nor for Windows Mail.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Terry R.
>>> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
>>> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.
>>
> Did you ever get your network setup?  You know, the one from your Vista
> laptop to your Win98 PC?
>
> --
> Irwin
>
> Please do not use my email address to make requests for help.
> Knowledge Base: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Main_Page

Re: gimme a beer holmes

BJ-20
Regarding the thread titled: "gimme a beer holmes"

On 12/16/08 11:03 AM, ewastudent's said:

> What is this newsgroup about anyways?

Were you abused at some time?

--

BJ

Delete all the NOSPAMs from the email address after clicking Reply.

Re: gimme a beer holmes

BJ-20
Regarding the thread titled: "gimme a beer holmes"

On 12/16/08 11:03 AM, ewastudent's said:

> What is this newsgroup about anyways?

Hey ewastudent,

Many of your postings indicate that you wish to strike up a casual
conversation.

You may have noticed that plenty of the replies are sarcastic and
abrasive.  There's a reason for that.

Your remarks are inane.  Perhaps if they were more reasonable and well
thought out, you might get reasonable replies.

Also, Jay pointed out that this is not a chat room.  But you may have
noticed that indeed some of the members here on the general NG DO engage
in idle chat . . . plenty of it humorous, and some even instructive (see
the postings on catfish and kidney stones for example . . . I think they
are in the "It's snowing" thread, and your "ANYBODY" thread).  So why is
your idle chat responded to badly while others is not?

The members who engage in amusing chat have earned the respect of the
community.  You have NOT.  I don't like being abrasive here, but that
seems to be the only thing you understand . . . for example, your
irritating top posting was temporarily stopped by you when a member
abrasively pointed it out.  And your continued use of that irritating
top posting is another example of why you're not respected.  If you
insist on irritating the community, they will respond to you in kind.

Now if you decide to change to bottom posting again, that will not be
sufficient to earn you the respect of the community, but it's a step in
the right direction.  In any case . . . STOP IT (and, yes, I'm shouting).

If you continue to engage in behavior that essentially is like a troll,
you will be treated as such.

--

BJ

Delete all the NOSPAMs from the email address after clicking Reply.

Re: gimme a beer holmes

ewastudent

"BJ" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Regarding the thread titled: "gimme a beer holmes"
>
> On 12/16/08 11:03 AM, ewastudent's said:
>
>> What is this newsgroup about anyways?
>
> Hey ewastudent,
>
> Many of your postings indicate that you wish to strike up a casual
> conversation.
>
> You may have noticed that plenty of the replies are sarcastic and
> abrasive.  There's a reason for that.
>
> Your remarks are inane.  Perhaps if they were more reasonable and well
> thought out, you might get reasonable replies.
>
> Also, Jay pointed out that this is not a chat room.  But you may have
> noticed that indeed some of the members here on the general NG DO engage
> in idle chat . . . plenty of it humorous, and some even instructive (see
> the postings on catfish and kidney stones for example . . . I think they
> are in the "It's snowing" thread, and your "ANYBODY" thread).  So why is
> your idle chat responded to badly while others is not?
>
> The members who engage in amusing chat have earned the respect of the
> community.  You have NOT.  I don't like being abrasive here, but that
> seems to be the only thing you understand . . . for example, your
> irritating top posting was temporarily stopped by you when a member
> abrasively pointed it out.  And your continued use of that irritating
> top posting is another example of why you're not respected.  If you
> insist on irritating the community, they will respond to you in kind.
>
> Now if you decide to change to bottom posting again, that will not be
> sufficient to earn you the respect of the community, but it's a step in
> the right direction.  In any case . . . STOP IT (and, yes, I'm shouting).
>
> If you continue to engage in behavior that essentially is like a troll,
> you will be treated as such.

is this alright for posting? i think this is how you guys do it. if not,
tell me how.

Re: gimme a beer holmes

squaredancer
On 29.12.2008 18:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  ewastudent to
generate the following:? :

> "BJ" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>
>> Regarding the thread titled: "gimme a beer holmes"
>>
>> On 12/16/08 11:03 AM, ewastudent's said:
>>

>>> What is this newsgroup about anyways?
>>>
>> Hey ewastudent,
>>
>> Many of your postings indicate that you wish to strike up a casual
>> conversation.
>>
>> You may have noticed that plenty of the replies are sarcastic and
>> abrasive.  There's a reason for that.
>>
>> Your remarks are inane.  Perhaps if they were more reasonable and well
>> thought out, you might get reasonable replies.
>>
>> Also, Jay pointed out that this is not a chat room.  But you may have
>> noticed that indeed some of the members here on the general NG DO engage
>> in idle chat . . . plenty of it humorous, and some even instructive (see
>> the postings on catfish and kidney stones for example . . . I think they
>> are in the "It's snowing" thread, and your "ANYBODY" thread).  So why is
>> your idle chat responded to badly while others is not?
>>
>> The members who engage in amusing chat have earned the respect of the
>> community.  You have NOT.  I don't like being abrasive here, but that
>> seems to be the only thing you understand . . . for example, your
>> irritating top posting was temporarily stopped by you when a member
>> abrasively pointed it out.  And your continued use of that irritating
>> top posting is another example of why you're not respected.  If you
>> insist on irritating the community, they will respond to you in kind.
>>
>> Now if you decide to change to bottom posting again, that will not be
>> sufficient to earn you the respect of the community, but it's a step in
>> the right direction.  In any case . . . STOP IT (and, yes, I'm shouting).
>>
>> If you continue to engage in behavior that essentially is like a troll,
>> you will be treated as such.
>>

> is this alright for posting? i think this is how you guys do it. if not,
> tell me how.

yepp - socalled "bottom posting" - you (and others) will now be able to
read "top to bottom" - as with your newspaper!

reg

Re: gimme a beer holmes

ewastudent

"squaredancer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> On 29.12.2008 18:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  ewastudent to
> generate the following:? :
>> "BJ" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:[hidden email]...
>>
>>> Regarding the thread titled: "gimme a beer holmes"

>>> Hey ewastudent,
>>>
>>> Many of your postings indicate that you wish to strike up a casual
>>> conversation.
>>>
>>> You may have noticed that plenty of the replies are sarcastic and
>>> abrasive.  There's a reason for that.
>>>
>>> Your remarks are inane.  Perhaps if they were more reasonable and well
>>> thought out, you might get reasonable replies.
>>>
>>> Also, Jay pointed out that this is not a chat room.  But you may have
>>> noticed that indeed some of the members here on the general NG DO engage
>>> in idle chat . . . plenty of it humorous, and some even instructive (see
>>> the postings on catfish and kidney stones for example . . . I think they
>>> are in the "It's snowing" thread, and your "ANYBODY" thread).  So why is
>>> your idle chat responded to badly while others is not?
>>>
>>> The members who engage in amusing chat have earned the respect of the
>>> community.  You have NOT.  I don't like being abrasive here, but that
>>> seems to be the only thing you understand . . . for example, your
>>> irritating top posting was temporarily stopped by you when a member
>>> abrasively pointed it out.  And your continued use of that irritating
>>> top posting is another example of why you're not respected.  If you
>>> insist on irritating the community, they will respond to you in kind.
>>>
>>> Now if you decide to change to bottom posting again, that will not be
>>> sufficient to earn you the respect of the community, but it's a step in
>>> the right direction.  In any case . . . STOP IT (and, yes, I'm
>>> shouting).
>>>
>>> If you continue to engage in behavior that essentially is like a troll,
>>> you will be treated as such.
>>>

>> is this alright for posting? i think this is how you guys do it. if not,
>> tell me how.
>>

> yepp - socalled "bottom posting" - you (and others) will now be able to
> read "top to bottom" - as with your newspaper!

i see you guys all have unique signatures at the end of your post, how does
one go about doing that???

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Daniel-257
ewastudent wrote:

> "squaredancer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> On 29.12.2008 18:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused ewastudent to
>> generate the following:? :
>>> "BJ" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> news:[hidden email]...

>>> is this alright for posting? i think this is how you guys do it. if
>>> not, tell me how.
>>>

>> yepp - socalled "bottom posting" - you (and others) will now be able
>> to read "top to bottom" - as with your newspaper!
>
> i see you guys all have unique signatures at the end of your post, how
> does one go about doing that???

Set yourself up a signature file, can be anything you want but I would
advocate plain text, no more than about 4 to 6 lines. Then, in SM,
select Edit|Mail&Newsgroup Account Settings and select the account you
want to attach the sig file to, select "Attach this Signature" and point
to the file you just created.

You can have a separate sig file for each server you connect to!

There are additive programs you can install which will attach so saying
or other....someone else will have to give you more info about these!!

HTH

--
Daniel
Happy New Year!!

(using his sister's computer)
(Test driving SM 2.x)

Daniel wrote:

> Set yourself up a signature file, can be anything you want but I would
> advocate plain text, no more than about 4 to 6 lines. Then, in SM,
> select Edit|Mail&Newsgroup Account Settings and select the account you
> want to attach the sig file to, select "Attach this Signature" and point
> to the file you just created.

when you gave those instructions, did you take into
consideration that he/she/it is using Microsoft Windows
Mail?

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: gimme a beer holmes

squaredancer
On 30.12.2008 06:38, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  ewastudent to
generate the following:? :

> "squaredancer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>
>> On 29.12.2008 18:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  ewastudent to
>> generate the following:? :
>>
>>> "BJ" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> news:[hidden email]...

>>> is this alright for posting? i think this is how you guys do it. if not,
>>> tell me how.
>>>

>> yepp - socalled "bottom posting" - you (and others) will now be able to
>> read "top to bottom" - as with your newspaper!
>>

> i see you guys all have unique signatures at the end of your post, how does
> one go about doing that???

IMO - signaturefiles are pretty stupid.
When you quote a previous post that has a sig-file attached, that sig is
DELETED, so that no-one has any clue as to who wrote it.  This effect is
magnified by the (eternally old) TB failure to put the headerlines
(blabla wrote....) in direct relationship to the actual post OF THAT
POSTER....

SIGN your name at the end of your post - at least then, it will STAY
attached to whatever you wrote

reg     <<<<<---- like this

and NOT like this:
--
reg

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Terry R.-3
The date and time was Wednesday, December 31, 2008 4:57:33 AM, and on a
whim, squaredancer pounded out on the keyboard:

> On 30.12.2008 06:38, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  ewastudent to
> generate the following:? :
>> "squaredancer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:[hidden email]...
>>
>>> On 29.12.2008 18:07, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  ewastudent to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> yepp - socalled "bottom posting" - you (and others) will now be able to
>>> read "top to bottom" - as with your newspaper!
>>>
>> i see you guys all have unique signatures at the end of your post, how does
>> one go about doing that???
>>

> IMO - signaturefiles are pretty stupid.
> When you quote a previous post that has a sig-file attached, that sig is
> DELETED, so that no-one has any clue as to who wrote it.  This effect is
> magnified by the (eternally old) TB failure to put the headerlines
> (blabla wrote....) in direct relationship to the actual post OF THAT
> POSTER....
>
> SIGN your name at the end of your post - at least then, it will STAY
> attached to whatever you wrote
>
> reg     <<<<<---- like this
>
> and NOT like this:

To each his own.  I don't see it necessary to have my message regarding
the antispam left in every reply, so if someone uses a newsreader that
doesn't remove it (or those replying in HTML), I'll remove it. The reply
header is sufficient for me, as is the "Sender" header in the Message Pane.

--
Terry R.

Re: gimme a beer holmes

squaredancer
On 31.12.2008 17:26, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Terry R. to
generate the following:? :

> The date and time was Wednesday, December 31, 2008 4:57:33 AM, and on a
> whim, squaredancer pounded out on the keyboard:
>

>> On 30.12.2008 06:38, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  ewastudent to
>> generate the following:? :
>>
>>> "squaredancer" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>>> news:[hidden email]...

>>> i see you guys all have unique signatures at the end of your post, how does
>>> one go about doing that???
>>>

>> IMO - signaturefiles are pretty stupid.
>> When you quote a previous post that has a sig-file attached, that sig is
>> DELETED, so that no-one has any clue as to who wrote it.  This effect is
>> magnified by the (eternally old) TB failure to put the headerlines
>> (blabla wrote....) in direct relationship to the actual post OF THAT
>> POSTER....
>>
>> SIGN your name at the end of your post - at least then, it will STAY
>> attached to whatever you wrote
>>
>> reg     <<<<<---- like this
>>
>> and NOT like this:
>>

> To each his own.  I don't see it necessary to have my message regarding
> the antispam left in every reply, so if someone uses a newsreader that
> doesn't remove it (or those replying in HTML), I'll remove it. The reply
> header is sufficient for me, as is the "Sender" header in the Message Pane.

you can leave that (junk) there - I would like the NAME of the poster to
be kept together with the respective post.
In your case, that would mean taking Terry R. out of the sig and SIGNING
your posts individually
As is - no-one knows who wrote the post that I have replied to (yours),
as your NAME is no longer there!

reg

Re: gimme a beer holmes

Jay Garcia
On 31.12.2008 06:57, squaredancer wrote:

> SIGN your name at the end of your post - at least then, it will STAY
> attached to whatever you wrote
>
> reg     <<<<<---- like this
>
> and NOT like this:

And make sure you Capitalize your name so that folks won't think you're
just an insignicant little blip. :-)