getting profile data on the argo tinderbox

getting profile data on the argo tinderbox

Robert O'Callahan-3
For some reason or another, the 'argo' tinderbox has been blessed with
exceptional performance sensitivity. That is a very good thing.

My attempts to land bug 130078 have once again been thwarted because of
Tp regressions, with the biggest regression on argo. Unfortunately I
cannot reproduce the regression on my machine. Could we --enable-jprof
on argo and make the HTML profiles available? This would really help me,
and probably others, get a quick handle on the source of performance
regressions.

Rob

Re: getting profile data on the argo tinderbox

beltzner
On 5/18/06, Robert O'Callahan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My attempts to land bug 130078 have once again been thwarted because of
> Tp regressions, with the biggest regression on argo. Unfortunately I

Are you looking at argo or argo-vm? Just wondering if you were aware
of the fact that the former is now being used with a private branch to
test performance regressions on SafeBrowsing, while the latter is
what's actually building the trunk.

See: http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/preed/2006/05/jitter_bug.html

cheers,
mike

--
/ mike beltzner / user experience lead / mozilla corporation /

beltzner wrote:
> Are you looking at argo or argo-vm? Just wondering if you were aware
> of the fact that the former is now being used with a private branch to
> test performance regressions on SafeBrowsing, while the latter is
> what's actually building the trunk.

This was on May 3, before any of that.

Rob