ftp

orange kid
Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure which
one it would be.

-ok

Re: ftp

Jay Garcia
On 17.12.2007 07:13, orange kid wrote:

> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure which
> one it would be.
>

> -ok

Yes, in the URL address window:

ftp://ftp.your-site.com

or http://ftp.your-site.com

Best to post this in a related support group rather than in .general

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape Champion
Marketing,Staff and Forums Consultant

Re: ftp

Rinaldi J. Montessi-4
orange kid wrote:
> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure which
> one it would be.

Have you tried entering the ftp protocol in your browser's location bar?

ftp://ftp.someplace.com

If that is not working perhaps your proxy or firewall is blocking port 21?

Rinaldi
--
"I had to censor everything my sons watched ... even on the Mary Tyler
Moore show I heard the word 'damn'!"

Re: ftp

orange kid
Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> orange kid wrote:
>> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure which
>> one it would be.
>
> Have you tried entering the ftp protocol in your browser's location bar?
>
> ftp://ftp.someplace.com
>
> If that is not working perhaps your proxy or firewall is blocking port 21?
>
> Rinaldi
k got it to work

Re: ftp

Tony Mechelynck
orange kid wrote:
> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure which
> one it would be.
>

> -ok

Both Firefox and SeaMonkey can, but (with no extensions) only for download.
Just write the FTP URL into the Location Bar and hit Enter.

For upload, you would need an extension, such as FireFTP
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/684 -- or else, you can use a
separate, non-Mozilla FTP-only utility, such as FileZilla for Windows
http://filezilla-project.org/ , or the command-line "ftp" utility (ftp.exe on
Windows, /usr/bin/ftp on Unix-like systems, etc.)

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Magnocartic, adj.:
        Any automobile that, when left unattended, attracts shopping

Re: ftp

PhillipJones
orange kid wrote:
> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure which
> one it would be.
>

> -ok
For now at least Seamonkey is capable to do FTP listing and Download.

IF you own a mac Interarchy by Nolobe  is the best FTP program for
Listing/upload and download of ftp items from websites.

I can't offer a PC equivalent.

Re: ftp

orange kid
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

> orange kid wrote:
>> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure
>> which one it would be.
>>

>> -ok
> For now at least Seamonkey is capable to do FTP listing and Download.
>
> IF you own a mac Interarchy by Nolobe  is the best FTP program for
> Listing/upload and download of ftp items from websites.
>
> I can't offer a PC equivalent.

yeah a good open source ftp uploader for pc would be nice

Re: ftp

Leonidas Jones-2
orange kid wrote:

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>> orange kid wrote:
>>> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure
>>> which one it would be.
>>>

>>> -ok
>> For now at least Seamonkey is capable to do FTP listing and Download.
>>
>> IF you own a mac Interarchy by Nolobe  is the best FTP program for
>> Listing/upload and download of ftp items from websites.
>>
>> I can't offer a PC equivalent.
>>
> yeah a good open source ftp uploader for pc would be nice

Like, say, Filezilla?

http://filezilla-project.org/

Versions for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Lee

Re: ftp

Fred-111
orange kid wrote:

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>> orange kid wrote:
>>> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure
>>> which one it would be.
>>>

>>> -ok
>> For now at least Seamonkey is capable to do FTP listing and Download.
>>
>> IF you own a mac Interarchy by Nolobe  is the best FTP program for
>> Listing/upload and download of ftp items from websites.
>>
>> I can't offer a PC equivalent.
>>
> yeah a good open source ftp uploader for pc would be nice

Try the FireFTP extension for Firefox.

Re: ftp

Terry R.
On 12/17/2007 11:35 AM On a whim, orange kid pounded out on the keyboard

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>> orange kid wrote:
>>> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure
>>> which one it would be.
>>>

>>> -ok
>> For now at least Seamonkey is capable to do FTP listing and Download.
>>
>> IF you own a mac Interarchy by Nolobe  is the best FTP program for
>> Listing/upload and download of ftp items from websites.
>>
>> I can't offer a PC equivalent.
>>
> yeah a good open source ftp uploader for pc would be nice

Not open source, but free. WS-FTP LE
http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=wsftp

--
Terry R.

Re: ftp

orange kid
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> orange kid wrote:
>> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

>>> For now at least Seamonkey is capable to do FTP listing and Download.
>>>
>>> IF you own a mac Interarchy by Nolobe  is the best FTP program for
>>> Listing/upload and download of ftp items from websites.
>>>
>>> I can't offer a PC equivalent.
>>>
>> yeah a good open source ftp uploader for pc would be nice
>
> Like, say, Filezilla?
>
> http://filezilla-project.org/
>
> Versions for Mac, Windows, and Linux.
>
> Lee
good call coach.

-ok

Re: ftp

Blinky the Shark

orange kid wrote:

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>> orange kid wrote:
>>> Is there any  mozilla program that can access ftp sites?  not sure
>>> which one it would be.
>>>

>>> -ok
>> For now at least Seamonkey is capable to do FTP listing and Download.
>>
>> IF you own a mac Interarchy by Nolobe  is the best FTP program for
>> Listing/upload and download of ftp items from websites.
>>
>> I can't offer a PC equivalent.
>>
> yeah a good open source ftp uploader for pc would be nice

I use LeechFTP.  Up/down FTP.  Why would you only want upload
capability?  It's not open source.  It's freeware.  No problems with it
in the years I've used it.  Google it.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups