firefox not recreate compreg.dat and xpti.dat.....when we delete it for the registration of my component.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

firefox not recreate compreg.dat and xpti.dat.....when we delete it for the registration of my component.

MADDY-2
hi group

problem is that.........my component is not registered successfully
with mozilla.......every tutorial said that....copy and paste .so
and .xpt file in firefox/components directory.....after that...run
regxpcom and delete compreg.dat & xpti.dat files from mozilla
components directory........or close all the opened mozilla
browser...and reopened it....when you run  your mozilla browser
again....it will recreate...compreg.dat and XPTI.dat files.........but
its not happened  with my mozilla browser......it's not recreate both
of the files.....

m using firefox 2.0.0.6

plz check it.....and if there any other method to register your
component...with mozilla plz tell me...

Thnx.........

_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xpcom mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xpcom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: firefox not recreate compreg.dat and xpti.dat.....when we delete it for the registration of my component.

John J Barton
I don't know about firefox/components directory. The compreg.dat and
xpti.dat files that I know about are in
C:\Documents and Settings\<my windows user name>\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<the profile I am running>.
If you delete these files, Firefox has to rebuild them. If they are not
reappearing, then FF is running out of another directory.

Also you can read these registry files and look for your stuff.  They
just list services and interfaces.

John.



[hidden email] wrote:

> hi group
>
> problem is that.........my component is not registered successfully
> with mozilla.......every tutorial said that....copy and paste .so
> and .xpt file in firefox/components directory.....after that...run
> regxpcom and delete compreg.dat & xpti.dat files from mozilla
> components directory........or close all the opened mozilla
> browser...and reopened it....when you run  your mozilla browser
> again....it will recreate...compreg.dat and XPTI.dat files.........but
> its not happened  with my mozilla browser......it's not recreate both
> of the files.....
>
> m using firefox 2.0.0.6
>
> plz check it.....and if there any other method to register your
> component...with mozilla plz tell me...
>
> Thnx.........
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xpcom mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xpcom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: firefox not recreate compreg.dat and xpti.dat.....when we delete it for the registration of my component.

MADDY-2
hi.....

ok.....but i am using mozilla 2.0.0.6 , with ubuntu os......and in my
system....these files(compreg.dat, xpti.dat)...is in ......firefox/
components directory........

actual directory position is....
/usr/lib/firefox/.......
and
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/....

and both are linked to each other.


On Aug 6, 8:52 pm, "John J. Barton" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I don't know about firefox/components directory. The compreg.dat and
> xpti.dat files that I know about are in
> C:\Documents and Settings\<my windows user name>\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<the profile I am running>.
> If you delete these files, Firefox has to rebuild them. If they are not
> reappearing, then FF is running out of another directory.
>
> Also you can read these registry files and look for your stuff.  They
> just list services and interfaces.
>
> John.
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
> > hi group
>
> > problem is that.........my component is not registered successfully
> > with mozilla.......every tutorial said that....copy and paste .so
> > and .xpt file in firefox/components directory.....after that...run
> > regxpcom and delete compreg.dat & xpti.dat files from mozilla
> > components directory........or close all the opened mozilla
> > browser...and reopened it....when you run  your mozilla browser
> > again....it will recreate...compreg.dat and XPTI.dat files.........but
> > its not happened  with my mozilla browser......it's not recreate both
> > of the files.....
>
> > m using firefox 2.0.0.6
>
> > plz check it.....and if there any other method to register your
> > component...with mozilla plz tell me...
>
> > Thnx.........


_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xpcom mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xpcom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: firefox not recreate compreg.dat and xpti.dat.....when we delete it for the registration of my component.

Benjamin Smedberg
[hidden email] wrote:

> hi.....
>
> ok.....but i am using mozilla 2.0.0.6 , with ubuntu os......and in my
> system....these files(compreg.dat, xpti.dat)...is in ......firefox/
> components directory........
>
> actual directory position is....
> /usr/lib/firefox/.......
> and
> /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/....

These versions of compreg/xpti are only used when showing the profile
manager and don't need to exist at all. The versions used for everyday
browsing are located in the profile.

--BDS
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xpcom mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xpcom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: firefox not recreate compreg.dat and xpti.dat.....when we delete it for the registration of my component.

nomakgarcia
In reply to this post by MADDY-2
Noong Linggo, Agosto 05 2007 23:24:23 UTC-7, si MADDY ay sumulat:

> hi group
>
> problem is that.........my component is not registered successfully
> with mozilla.......every tutorial said that....copy and paste .so
> and .xpt file in firefox/components directory.....after that...run
> regxpcom and delete compreg.dat & xpti.dat files from mozilla
> components directory........or close all the opened mozilla
> browser...and reopened it....when you run  your mozilla browser
> again....it will recreate...compreg.dat and XPTI.dat files.........but
> its not happened  with my mozilla browser......it's not recreate both
> of the files.....
>
> m using firefox 2.0.0.6
>
> plz check it.....and if there any other method to register your
> component...with mozilla plz tell me...
>
> Thnx.........

hindi nakakatapos mag download ng kahit anong video, programs etc, ang computer ko. Sabi, kailangan ko daw i delete ang aking compreg.dat.
paano ko gagawin yun?
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xpcom mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xpcom
Loading...