firefox command line options for stripped window

firefox command line options for stripped window

Frank Busse
Hi,

I would like to start a single firefox window from the command line,
stripped from all "goodies" like scrollbars, menu bars, tool bars and
status lines, deprived from resizability and fixed to a predetermined
position on the screen. Preferably, the window should even have no title
bar and no system buttons (for closing, minimizing and resizing).

Yes, I know how to do it from within an existing page by JavaScript. But
is there any way to do it from the command line?

Any hint appreciated.

Frank

Re: firefox command line options for stripped window

RJack-10
Frank Busse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to start a single firefox window from the command line,
> stripped from all "goodies" like scrollbars, menu bars, tool bars and
> status lines, deprived from resizability and fixed to a predetermined
> position on the screen. Preferably, the window should even have no title
> bar and no system buttons (for closing, minimizing and resizing).

Close button is put there by the window manager, see the documentation for it
to see if you can remove it or not.

> Yes, I know how to do it from within an existing page by JavaScript. But
> is there any way to do it from the command line?

firefox yourjavascriptpage.html

 //Aho

Re: firefox command line options for stripped window

Frank Busse
Thx J.O. for this hint. That's in fact the workaround I'm using in the
moment: I'm starting FF with a first JS containing page creating the
"stripped" one I need.

Maybe my question was not sufficiently clear: I'm looking for COMMAND
LINE OPTIONS to get rid of the above first JS containing page. Any
further hints?