firecfox 4 beta 1 news about accessibility?

firecfox 4 beta 1 news about accessibility?

Luca-44
I have donwloaded firefox 4 beta1, works well as far as i can tell  with
jaws 10 and 11...
So are there special improvements  to experiment about accessibility?

Re: firecfox 4 beta 1 news about accessibility?

Alexander Surkov
On Jul 9, 4:09 am, "Luca" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have donwloaded firefox 4 beta1, works well as far as i can tell  with
> jaws 10 and 11...
> So are there special improvements  to experiment about accessibility?

Hi, Luca. Sorry for the late answer.

We were focused on bug fixes rather than new features implementation
for Firefox 4. As well we've changed big hunks of code trying to make
it optimal and performant so that Firefox 4 must be much quicker than
Firefox 3.6. The work is in progress still. I think Marco will blog
about Firefox 4 accessibility improvements a bit later when we finish
planned work and prepare a summary.

Thank you.
Alex.

Re: firecfox 4 beta 1 news about accessibility?

Jason White-14
Alexander Surkov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We were focused on bug fixes rather than new features implementation
> for Firefox 4. As well we've changed big hunks of code trying to make
> it optimal and performant so that Firefox 4 must be much quicker than
> Firefox 3.6.

this is encouraging. I hope those focus-related bugs discussed on the Orca
list will be fixed in firefox 4. I know there have been patches proposed for
some of them that required further development to avoid regressions and to
enable integration into the Mozilla code.