file format for maintaining the ECMAScript spec

file format for maintaining the ECMAScript spec

Michael Dyck
In the 2015-01-29 meeting notes, in the section on "ecmarkup",
this exchange is noted:

> BT: I believe Allen would like to continue using Word
>
> DH: No, we want to get away from that
>
> AWB: ISO requires the document to be submitted in Word

I have it on good authority that JTC 1's IT Task Force, while it may have
a strong preference for MS Word, *will* accept documents in other formats.

In fact, ISO even has an XML vocabulary for standards:
     http://www.iso.org/schema/isosts/
though I admit it's unclear how much they encourage its use.

(Personally, I'd much prefer that the spec source be in a text-based format
like HTML or XML, as that would eliminate the huge amount of munging that I
have to do to extract something useful from the PDF each time a new revision
comes out.)

-Michael