feature idea

james gilbert
hello all,

just started using calendar (from both Tb and FF) and had an idea for a
feature.

i've been using Context Search and gTranslate extensions for FF and
thought it would be great to do something similar with calendar.
the idea would be to highlight text from a web page eg.

Exploring Russia’s freezing ‘Wild East’ by ski and canoe
London and the South East
Monday 31 October at 6.30pm
Mikael Strandberg

then right click for a button like "add to calendar". then the extension
would check the text for date and time details, create an event and dump
the rest of the text into the title.

i have no computing experience, so no idea how this might be acheived
but i'd find it really useful!

apologies if this is the wrong place to to put this,

james

Re: feature idea

Rod Whiteley
james gilbert wrote:
> ...the idea would be to highlight text from a web page...
> ...then right click for a button like "add to calendar"...

I like your idea, but I think it would be best as a separate extension.
  If you describe it in the Extensions forum, it is just possible that a
developer there might take an interest in it:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=19

--
Rod Whiteley