failed to initialize shared library?

evodawg

Why has this failed and what is it? Can I delete it or what should I do with
it? Seems to be a Real Audio, Realplayer or Helix file. I did uninstall
Helix because it was conflicting with Realplayer. Is this possibly a left
over file that was not deleted?

failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/rpnp.so
[/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/rpnp.so: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual]

Part of the cat for rpnp.so

<h1>RealPlayer Plugin Setup</h1>

    You are seeing this message because the RealPlayer Plugin for unix tried
tostart but failed.  There are several reasons this could have happened.

Thanks

Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Re: failed to initialize shared library?

Dan Nicholson
evodawg wrote:
> Why has this failed and what is it? Can I delete it or what should I do with
> it?
>
> failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/rpnp.so
> [/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/rpnp.so: undefined symbol: __pure_virtual]

If you haven't already figured this out, yes, you can delete file.
Everything except libnullplugin.so is an added on plugin.  According to
http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#Real8, rpnp.so if from Real
Player 8 which doesn't work with recent builds.  Get rid of it and
upgrade to Helix or RP10 if you want the plugin.

--
Dan