extension developer sought for growing startup

extension developer sought for growing startup

Mark Wallace-7
If you have expertise in developing for the Mozilla browser platform
and you want to join a fast-growing startup, read on. We're designing
a new breed of social Web application, with strong support and funding
from a top-tier Silicon Valley venture firm, and we're looking to
expand our team. We seek creative and energetic developers who aren't
afraid to tackle tough, sexy problems, and who want to get in on the
ground floor of an innovative project. If you have a passion for
producing clean, smart, and efficient code, and can communicate and
play well with others in a fast-growing team, get in touch.

We're currently seeking a Mozilla extension developer.

Responsibilities:
* work closely with product management team to develop UI solutions
for a versatile feature set
* help implement those solutions and others via a browser extension
* communicate with server-side engineering team in pursuit of scalable
solutions
* contribute to exploring technical boundaries and bringing new paths
and solutions to the attention of the team lead, CTO and VP
Engineering

Qualifications:
* 2+ years experience of front-end Web development, preferably focused
on clarity and ease-of-use in a consumer and/or entertainment context.
* 1+ years experience developing Mozilla browser extensions
* Excellent JavaScript, XUL, CSS and HTML skills
* Solid knowledge of DOM manipulation

Extra Credit:
* Experience developing for a variety of browsers and platforms.
* Experience integrating front-end processes with a variety of server-
side architectures
* Experience creating UI for distributed applications with high
scalability requirements
* Familiarity with Flash/Flex/AS3 programming

Additional Requirements:
* Pride in your work and a passion for breaking new ground.
* Deep knowledge of existing solutions in your domain, the willingness
to utilize the ones that are appropriate, and the courage to create
new solutions where the old ones won't do.
* Attention to detail, ability to collaborate and communicate clearly,
and the willingness to offer alternative opinions.
* Commitment to delivering work as promised, and ability to perform
against demanding deadlines.
* Extra credit: Passion for social Web applications and/or online
games.

If interested, send a resume and tell us a bit about yourself: jobs at
wellohorld dot com