error starting chatzilla for first time.

error starting chatzilla for first time.

Burton, Tom (DOR sponsored)
TypeError: client.currentObject is undefined @
<chrome://chatzilla/content/static.js> 4110
+ message (string) 'client.currentObject is undefined'
+ fileName (string) 'chrome://chatzilla/content/static.js'
+ lineNumber (number) 4110
+ stack (string) 367 chars
+ name (string) 'TypeError'
*

I am unsure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Tom B.

Re: error starting chatzilla for first time.

Gijs Kruitbosch ("Hannibal")
Tom B wrote:

> TypeError: client.currentObject is undefined @
> <chrome://chatzilla/content/static.js> 4110
> + message (string) 'client.currentObject is undefined'
> + fileName (string) 'chrome://chatzilla/content/static.js'
> + lineNumber (number) 4110
> + stack (string) 367 chars
> + name (string) 'TypeError'
> *
>
> I am unsure how to proceed.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance,
> Tom B.

Hi Tom,

Which exact version of ChatZilla are you using?
Which exact version of Firefox are you using (copy it from the "About Firefox"
dialog)?
Has it ever worked before?
Did you recently install/update other add-ons or ChatZilla scripts/plugins?

Cheers,
Gijs

Re: error starting chatzilla for first time.

Gijs Kruitbosch ("Hannibal")
I created a clean profile on Fx 3.5.2 on Mac, installed all those
add-ons, and couldn't reproduce...

Are there no other error messages?

~ Gijs

Burton, Tom F (DOR) wrote:

> Firefox 3.5.2
>   More Specifically: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
> rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2
> ChatZilla 0.9.85
>
> I just installed ChatZilla this morning from the addons insterface
> inside Firefox.  So no, it has never worked before, primarily because it
> wasn't installed and I've never used it.
>
> If it makes a difference I am behind a firewall.
>
> I currently run the following other Firefox addons(Extensions):
> Firebug 1.4.2
> Firecookie 0.8
> Morning Coffee 1.33
> Pixel Perfect 1.1.0
> Searchbar AutoSizer 1.4.2
> Tamper Data 10.1.0
> Web Developer 1.1.8
>
> Here is my list of Plugins:
> Adobe Acrobat 7.0.9.50
> Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U7 6.0.70.6
> Microsoft Office 2003 11.0.8161.0
> Microsoft DRM 9.0.0.3250  -- DRM Netscape Network Object
> Microsoft DRM 9.0.0.3250  -- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
> Mozilla Default Plug-in 1.0.0.15
> Shockwave Flash 10.0.22.87
> Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library 3.0.2.629

No, I'm not sure where you'd find other useful output in that case...
could you try installing this:

http://www.gijsk.com/temp/chatzilla-init-ex-dump.xpi

which should print the stack at the bottom of the error when you start
ChatZilla. Hopefully that will shed some light on things.

Cheers,
Gijs

PS: if you don't trust that xpi (I wouldn't blame you!) then you can
also find the file handlers.js in your chatzilla.jar file (which is
secretly just a zip file :-) ) in the actual extension you have
installed, and modify onLoad:

-        showErrorDlg(formatException(ex) + "\n" + dumpObjectTree(ex));
+        showErrorDlg(formatException(ex) + "\n" + dumpObjectTree(ex) +
"\n" + ex.stack);

Burton, Tom F (DOR) wrote:

> Does Firefox keep a log file anywhere of errors and such? The error
> console didn't show anything when I started chatzilla.
>
> I don't where to look for error messages. After I click ok on the popup
> containing the information I posted. A chatzilla window appears, it says
> It's connecting in the status bar, but that's the only output it gives.
>
> Thanks again,
> Tom

Kirk Alexander-2
On Aug 6, 3:01 pm, Gijs Kruitbosch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No, I'm not sure where you'd find other useful output in that case...
> could you try installing this:
>
> http://www.gijsk.com/temp/chatzilla-init-ex-dump.xpi
>
> which should print the stack at the bottom of the error when you start
> ChatZilla. Hopefully that will shed some light on things.
>
> Cheers,
> Gijs
>
> PS: if you don't trust that xpi (I wouldn't blame you!) then you can
> also find the file handlers.js in your chatzilla.jar file (which is
> secretly just a zip file :-) ) in the actual extension you have
> installed, and modify onLoad:
>
> -        showErrorDlg(formatException(ex) + "\n" + dumpObjectTree(ex));
> +        showErrorDlg(formatException(ex) + "\n" + dumpObjectTree(ex) +
> "\n" + ex.stack);
>
> Burton, Tom F (DOR) wrote:
>
> > Does Firefox keep a log file anywhere of errors and such? The error
> > console didn't show anything when I started chatzilla.
>
> > I don't where to look for error messages. After I click ok on the popup
> > containing the information I posted. A chatzilla window appears, it says
> > It's connecting in the status bar, but that's the only output it gives.
>
> > Thanks again,
> > Tom

I just discovered that I had the same problem.   After trying several
things I decided to upgrade from FireFox 2.0.2.x to 3.5.2.    Problem
solved